Never been diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Origelmo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am headed to Cozumel for the first time two weeks from now. I am planning on a resort course, since I won't have enough time to get certified. I want to make the right decision on the dive op in case I never do this again. I have experience with scuba equipment at my job, but never any formal training. I am staying at Occidental Grand. I have read a little negativity about Pro Dive Mexico. I have also heard the Palancar reefs are among the best. I personally think the deal Blue Magic offers sounds great. I'm not really a cheapskate, but I don't want to overpay for a mediocre experience. I'd like to get the best bang for my buck.

I would really appreciate any input from someone who knows about this stuff.
Thank you.
CAN'T WAIT !!!

I would recommend going with the best operation you can. I have seen many that have closed their minds to ever diving because of a bad resort course experience. Try to go with an operation that will use smaller student/ instructor ratios. That can mean more individual attention & hopefully a better experience. May cost a little more, but can be worth it for an enjoyable dive.

I will be there end of Feb, if your just doing a trial you should be more then fine with pro dive Mexico.

I am headed to Cozumel for the first time two weeks from now. I am planning on a resort course, since I won't have enough time to get certified. I want to make the right decision on the dive op in case I never do this again. I have experience with scuba equipment at my job, but never any formal training. I am staying at Occidental Grand. I have read a little negativity about Pro Dive Mexico. I have also heard the Palancar reefs are among the best. I personally think the deal Blue Magic offers sounds great. I'm not really a cheapskate, but I don't want to overpay for a mediocre experience. I'd like to get the best bang for my buck.

I would really appreciate any input from someone who knows about this stuff.
Thank you.
CAN'T WAIT !!!

Thank you for your input. I've only known of this site for a few days, but have spent hours and hours reading posts. The amount of passion everyone has for this sport is amazing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom