Hoses and Mouthpieces?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. That was my thoughts as well. I'm still new enough to the point that I've got a bit of time before I get to the point that I'd be sharing air in a cave so tight, we'd have to exit single-file. And by that point I will have an octo on a necklace instead of AIR2. In such tight tolerances, I'd rather not be breathing from the device that controls my buoyancy.

---------- Post added January 13th, 2014 at 03:01 AM ----------

52bandron, you talked about 40" LP hose and I add to tha thread a shorter 26" or so SPG hose with a sliding bolt clip/hose retainer. That little modification makes a big difference.
thanks for that tip

Does the routing around the neck cause problems...There is something about hanging hose around the neck like a noose...probably my phobia.?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There is no issue with a hose looped around the neck. Other than it's a heckuva lot cleaner and more streamlined. It is not like a noose. See Hogarthian diving set up. Or DIR reg set up.

Does the routing around the neck cause problems...There is something about hanging hose around the neck like a noose...probably my phobia.?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
it's in your head really. One end of the hose is fastened right behind your head and the other end is on the reg in your mouth. Not really anything that's gonna get in there. Besides. If somehow, something DOES catch on it. You're not gonna be breathing anyways

I just ordered a bunch of DGX flex hoses and have yet to dive them but they look and "feel" like good quality hoses and they come with new O-rings installed. I'm impressed enough that I'm ditching ALL my old rubber hoses and going with the DGX line.

I just ordered a bunch of DGX flex hoses and have yet to dive them but they look and "feel" like good quality hoses and they come with new O-rings installed. I'm impressed enough that I'm ditching ALL my old rubber hoses and going with the DGX line.
thanks man. After all the replies, I'm not nervous about getting the DGX brand

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom