Jet XL foot pocket vs F1 regular?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have small feet, my large jets don't fit with my dry suit boots, I bought some regular/large F1s which are very sloppy.

I'm looking at buying some XL jets so am wondering if anyone who owns both and can tell me if the XL jet pocket is in fact smaller than the F1. I can't try on so have to order online.

I've just dropped $170 on the F1s so don't want to lose more money buying jets if they too will be too large. Cheers.

I have small feet, my large jets don't fit with my dry suit boots, I bought some regular/large F1s which are very sloppy.

I'm looking at buying some XL jets so am wondering if anyone who owns both and can tell me if the XL jet pocket is in fact smaller than the F1. I can't try on so have to order online.

I've just dropped $170 on the F1s so don't want to lose more money buying jets if they too will be too large. Cheers.

Buddha,
I own both and I can say that XL jets and regular Hollis F1 will fit similar feet size.
However, they are different in designing the footpocket: F1s are designed to completely "wraps" your feet (all part of your feet will be inside the footpocket) while jets are designed to leave the back part of your feet (heel) outside.

Hopefully the link below will help you:
Aloha Shore Divers

Buddha,
I own both and I can say that XL jets and regular Hollis F1 will fit similar feet size.
However, they are different in designing the footpocket: F1s are designed to completely "wraps" your feet (all part of your feet will be inside the footpocket) while jets are designed to leave the back part of your feet (heel) outside.

Hopefully the link below will help you:
Aloha Shore Divers

Cheers for the reply. Getting my foot in is no problem it's the width of the fin pocket that's the issue. I have significant lateral movement in the F1s. Would you say the XL Jet foot pocket is the same, width wise, or narrower/smaller? TIA.

---------- Post added January 18th, 2014 at 02:02 AM ----------

I've previously checked out the sheet on Aloha Shore Divers site but it's the internal foot dimension I'm curious about i.e the part of the foot pocket down toward the toes.

---------- Post added January 18th, 2014 at 02:24 AM ----------

If the F1s are too big and the Jets are too big but the large is too small I'm not sure what do. Look to a different fin I guess. I tried on some DR XT fins in a shop and the Medium seemed to fit ok. But often they do until they get wet. Over here they are almost $220.

Not sure if it's possible but was thinking of glueing some thin pieces of rubber to the inside of the F1s to work as side rails making the pocket narrower but have no idea how well, or even if it would, work?

---------- Post added January 18th, 2014 at 02:26 AM ----------

Slowly amassing an unusable fin collection.

Last edited:
Buddha,

I currently on business trip, but I will check it once I get home.
I will check the inside pocket side-to-side width, at the toe and mid-section.
For additonal inputs if you want to have other fin options maybe you can ask TSandM.

:D thats the good reason to justify more fin purchase!

I have both XL Jets and XL F1's and to me my XL jets felt narrower than the XL F1's. My feet would start cramping up in XL Jets was the reason I switched to F1s

Buddha,

I currently on business trip, but I will check it once I get home.
I will check the inside pocket side-to-side width, at the toe and mid-section.
For additonal inputs if you want to have other fin options maybe you can ask TSandM.

:D thats the good reason to justify more fin purchase!

Thank you.

---------- Post added January 19th, 2014 at 04:43 AM ----------

I have both XL Jets and XL F1's and to me my XL jets felt narrower than the XL F1's. My feet would start cramping up in XL Jets was the reason I switched to F1s

Cheers for the reply.

I have what feels like at least a CM of slop in the F1s. When you say narrow would you say very noticeably or marginally. I am looking at some second hand ones at the moment but obviously if I buy them I'm stuck with them. If they too are too lose I would then have had 4 sets of too large fins.

Wish I lived in the US. I could have bought a complete Apeks reg set with the money I've dropped on fins that don't fit.

The F1s I could have returned them but dry and in my lounge they seemed ok but once in the water the slop came on.

---------- Post added January 19th, 2014 at 04:44 AM ----------

If the DR EXP (XT) have a narrower pocket as compared with XL Jets and F1s guess I'll give that a go. Another $200 boo hoo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom