Does anyone recognize this model of Mares 2nd stage regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

14PO2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought this from our local dive shop yesterday. They said it is brand new, but came out of a warehouse bankruptcy on the east coast subsequent to Hurricane Sandy. It is attached to an MR12dfc first stage. There is a tag on it that says it uses the "new trimaterial poppet". I would like to find out the model name/model number to see if I can get a yellow grill for it so I can use it as an octo reg. Thanks for any help.

While creating this post, the photos are showing up as broken links, so if the pictures don't show up, here are the urls to the photos:

Mares 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Mares 1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This regulator is called a Ranger 12. It has been out of production for quite a while and unfortunately the yellow covers plates are no longer in production or available either. It is a good entry level regulator. I hope this helps.

Best,

Zak

Thanks Zak. Do you happen to know what the original MSRP was for this reg? The local shop placed a tag on it at $599. Is that accurate?

The retail price of the reg was typically around $350, with discounts fairly common.

Greg Barlow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom