Headed to Playa del Carmen for some diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grantwiscour

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We finally are getting back on a plane for some blue water diving.
I booked the tickets today to Cancun and made reservations in PDC.

I've scoured the board and web and have some good ideas on dive ops.

We'll be there for six days/five nights. I'm thinking 3 days of diving. Using Tank Ha for the CZM direct dive, one day of Cenote and maybe one day of PDC diving. We'll probably spend a day at Chichen Itza.

I'm looking for input on the ocean diving at PDC. Should we just do the Cozumel and Cenotes or one more day of either?

Any other input or tips is appreciated.

If you’re doing Cozumel already, I’d do a second day of cenotes. Then again, I’m a cave junkie. But my girlfriend is a reef junkie and she agrees with me :)

CI is a great site and definitely worth the day if you haven't seen it. For my time, the only Mayan site I would spend the time to revisit is Ek Balam.

If you don't mind a small tour group (about 10-12 people) there are two great companies that do day trips to one or the other, Yukatreks and Altournative . Used both of them before and they do a great job. Call it around $125pp.

For tours, prefer YucaTreks as you go out with the owner who has a wealth of information about the Yucatán área as well as the Maya archeological sites.

For diving, figure it out after you've experienced the cenotes for the first time. They are truly amazing and one of the very unique features of the area. However, some divers say one day is enough and prefer open wáter with lots of colorful fish. Other divers LOVE them & can't wait to see more.

Back
Top Bottom