Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did 2 at Breakwater today. A bit of surge. Vis was mostly 10ft with a spot of 15ft.
Hey KRL 1973, is this what you are referring to as Sea Butterfly. I've never seen this before. Link below.
Sea Butterfly 348-349 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Drove by Monastery after just for laughs. It was surprisingly mellow. I didn't dive since it was getting late and I wasn't sure of vis. Looked a little milky from shore.

MB is it of the Salp family or Jelly or what? It was awesome seeing it.

Breakwater today saw light surge, 55 surface temp as well as to 40ft. Vis was about 30+. Great visitations from a few sea lions, as well as some very hungry cormorants. Some large lings lurking about was well. Thankful to have gone. I've been out of the water for a while and feels good to be salty. Though, I had the fine experience of my dry suit leaking quite badly... Lucky me. If I get some, I'll post some pics of the swell from big sur. Its supposed to quite big by Friday. Happy diving/surfing...:)

Dove the Metridium fields yesterday. We were expecting much larger waves but the breakwater was calm. Visibility was in the 20-25 foot range out towards the metridiums but was a bit worse in closer to the middle reef area.

Dove the Breakwater tonight. Viz was around 20', slight surge. Had a harbor seal using our lights to hunt.

-Adrian

First dive was North Monastery. Waves were low on entry. 30 ft vis or more shallower. By the Canyon vis dropped to 20ft or less and milky. Calm at depth. On exit waves were up a bit but not a problem. 56 degrees. Decided not to do a second at Monastery. Next 2 dives were at Breakwater. 25-30ft vis and calm. Water was blue. 56 degrees here too. Bunch of Octos.

This weekend looks like it'll be nice :) Can't wait to finally get my fins wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom