Dive with martin, why so inexpensive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SI's were all on the boat...
That's the only aspect I don't like about what I hear, but maybe that is negotiable? I like to leave my BC, fins, and pony with the Op, so I don't care if they're rinsed. I take my regs, masks, etc. back to the room for a long soak. Salt comes off easily, but the hardness of the water is like dissolved cement drying on seconds stages & lenses. :eek:

Don, I'm a fan and patron of DWM and it's been my experience that they often pull up to the small pier south of Playa Palancar for their SIs, along with other boats. Certainly, it's dependent on the dive site (being near Palancar), so I don't know if it's "negotiable" as much as practical. That said, our SIs on the boat are always entertaining and include water and fruit. They rinse/dunk and store my dive gear each day during the week (or two) I'm with them. I thoroughly wash when I get home. And Orlando is the best DM on the island. :) Sayin'.

I dove the major sites in Kauai back in 2005 and other than for the tremendous number of turtles it didn't come close to what Coz offers & it was $115 for a 2 tank trip WITH MY OWN GEAR. The only place I've dove that compares price wise is the Florida Keys but again Coz had more to offer in a more compact area.
Southern California - $120 - $140, 3 or 4 dives, your gear, includes air fills and good food. e.g. Hot freshly cooked breakfast, Grilled on the boat tri tip, or chicken for lunch and hot from the oven brownies with ice cream. Endless coffee and fresh water, Showers on boat, bunks below to rest on way out and back. One of the boats even has a fresh water hot tub. Yeah, I know, you need a 5-7 mm wetsuit as the temp is moderate from 52-72 degrees F. But, we have kelp beds, reefs, and lots of sea life.

Southern California - $120 - $140, 3 or 4 dives, your gear, includes air fills and good food. e.g. Hot freshly cooked breakfast, Grilled on the boat tri tip, or chicken for lunch and hot from the oven brownies with ice cream. Endless coffee and fresh water, Showers on boat, bunks below to rest on way out and back. One of the boats even has a fresh water hot tub. Yeah, I know, you need a 5-7 mm wetsuit as the temp is moderate from 52-72 degrees F. But, we have kelp beds, reefs, and lots of sea life.
Realized that this could be misleading. I meant that you dive with your gear. I don't know what it costs to rent as certification included rental gear and I purchased my own equip after cert.

Holy crap! That is cheap.

yes and $30/person per night at hotel cozumel with breakfast (triple occupancy).. in a town where you can eat very well for $30/day that's $425 for 5 days of diving including rental gear, hotel and food. that's what it would cost me to dive in grand cayman for 5 days, not including rental gear, food, or hotel. i doubt there's a better value than cozumel for boat diving

Dive With Martin is ok but I prefer having the same DM as much as possible (assuming it is a good one) and not coming up when someone else is low on air.

My choice is Tres Pelicanos and their prices are as good or better than anyones'.

I second that as well. Dove with them on two occasions, two weeks last November, and two weeks in 2012. Great boat, fast, comfortable, spacious, excellent dive master (Servando). Office staff terrific and respond quickly to your inquiries or needs. Great pricing!

When I Dive with Martin, I always have the same DM, for the whole week, maybe if you want the same DM you could ask, and possibly tip well?

did not want anyone getting the wrong idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom