Can Nauticam NA-EM5 Housing be Retrofited w/ Nauticam Vaccum Leak Test Electronics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually had it done in Thailand but about sane price as US 220 USD plus another 200 for valve and pump. Can verify on Nauticam website.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Different setup, for the EM5 don't recommend BC valve. Hand pump is small and takes less than 10 seconds to reach vacuum threshold

Then venturi vacuum system uses a Schrader valve that is common to many BCs and is intended for large housings that would take a long time to pump down by hand. As a result, the cap is much taller to cover the valve. Example:

Nauticam M16 Dual Activation Vacuum Valve Compatible with QD Adapter [nau.25613] - $320.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

Nauticam M16 Vacuum Valve [nau.25612] - $220.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

Nauticam Vacuum Valves

Here is the form and prices for the sensor installation in the US:

http://reefphoto.com/forms/nauticam...il&utm_term=0_10680d01a0-7cc4982883-293933777

Then venturi vacuum system uses a Schrader valve that is common to many BCs and is intended for large housings that would take a long time to pump down by hand. As a result, the cap is much taller to cover the valve. Example:

Nauticam M16 Dual Activation Vacuum Valve Compatible with QD Adapter [nau.25613] - $320.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

Nauticam M16 Vacuum Valve [nau.25612] - $220.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

Nauticam Vacuum Valves

Here is the form and prices for the sensor installation in the US:

http://reefphoto.com/forms/nauticam...il&utm_term=0_10680d01a0-7cc4982883-293933777

Akimbo,

I am rather confused now. Can one use the BC quick connect and the hand pump on the same connection for EM5 system?

Cannot use them both. Really not necessary to use BC connect with EM5. Hand Pump is very quick

Back
Top Bottom