Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
coronetfish makes sense, its snout is too long for a pipefish and it had a wispy tail

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 09:22 AM ----------

The tiny yellow dorsal fin flaps back and worth as the only visible this from the sand which may act as a lure....
John

Super awesome!!

*** Warning -- Posting way too many pictures in one thread ***

First off, thanks to Boynton Beach Dive Center for hosting the night dive and jar546 for bringing me the parking pass!

Spent most of the dive out in front, and then in an area I now call "Nudi Nightclub" or "Nudi Club" for short. Tons of nudis every time I go to this spot at night.

Mostly took photos of nudis and a few shrimp. Shrimp are in style these days at the bridge.

Kevin I apologize for finding so many things on this dive.

This photo deserves to be full (low res) size. :D

Excellent shots Tim and you are welcome. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

On a sour note, I apologize for the asswipe that came with our group with lobster gear and decided to "attempt" to use it even though myself and another one of our instructors told him not to and refused to have him in our group. We did run into him and when he got out we saw him cleaning the garbage out of his lobster hotel bag that "mysteriously" got in there during the night dive. Unfortunately he called the FWC before the dive and was given the green light. His lack of respect for us will result in him never being allowed to do a night dive again with us.

This photo deserves to be full (low res) size. :D

jpeg-3003-2.jpg

Tim this is so beautiful it absolutely takes my breath away. (Never thought I'd say that about a slug!) Any idea on ID?

On a sour note, I apologize for the asswipe that came with our group with lobster gear and decided to "attempt" to use it even though myself and another one of our instructors told him not to and refused to have him in our group. We did run into him and when he got out we saw him cleaning the garbage out of his lobster hotel bag that "mysteriously" got in there during the night dive. Unfortunately he called the FWC before the dive and was given the green light. His lack of respect for us will result in him never being allowed to do a night dive again with us.

All I'm gonna say is: with amount of bacteria and other schmutz that regularly funnels through the inlet and the fact that lobsters are bottom-dwelling filter feeders .... good luck with that dinner.

I think it is a Dondice Occidentalis. I think several of the nudis I photographed fall under that name.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Wife and I did our first dive on the bridge today. Water temp read 70 but I don't trust my computer and viz was decent. We stuck to the west side today and will likely try the east side tomorrow.

A few things I'd point out being a first timer there:

1) you mean it when you say it gets busy
2) more fire worms and arrow crabs than I've seen on a single dive.
3) bat fish are also a lot more common than I would have thought (saw 4)

DJTimmy:
So speaking of juvenile cornet fish, here is a oldie staring a baby with special guest star mentalblock (Kev)
:[video=vimeo;39317006]http://vimeo.com/39317006[/video]

Perfect day. Agree on viz, we had temp of 73.

We went yesterday and had great vis, saw lots of cool stuff, but not the blenny I was hunting.

We had 73 degrees as well.

While taking off my fins Kelly spots a man of war (lots) but this one has a large beautiful man of war fish.

As the man of war washed ashore I managed a little surge video but no photos, looking at video I saw a second baby with the grown up!

Awesome way to finish a dive.

Always something new:D.

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom