Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

o.s.systems dry glove rings anybody?
ive been using them for some time and have no prob with them
glue my own lined gloves to wrist seals for cold cold water however
could not get enough liner gloves into thier outer glove to keep my sissy hands warm...
punch up o.s.systems
have fun
yaeg

Insomnia, I clicked on that link and looked at that system, It looks very similar to the SI tech version. Is there a difference other than name and purchase units are in Euros? I had never heard of them before

Looking at the website for the KUBI glove system it says the rings are made out of aluminum and you can choose the size of the rings.

Oh, my goodness, yes! If you close the Viking rings all the way, I don't know how you'd EVER get them off. I close mine between 1/4 and 1/2 inch. That's PLENTY.

I have used all that you just listed. Forget the Antares system from Si-Tech which is my current dry ring system. My favorites are the Viking system, but they can not be used with a permanent wrist ring system for changeable wrist seals. That leaves the regular Si-Tech system which is what I would call my favorite system for changeable wrist seals.

Which system do you mean, the Glove Lock system or the Quick Glove system?

I tried the Quick Glove system but I flooded one of the gloves three dives in a row and that put me off of them (lucky thing I brought extra liners). I might try get the hang of them again, but in the meantime I use Marigold brand heavy duty rubber gloves (product code G17K), which I simply don liners under and then stretch over my rigid cuff rings.

I find them ok to don without assistance (though it's easier with a buddy). They are super easy to remove, and out of the 15 or so dives I've done with them I have never flooded one. Some of my buddies use electrical tape around the cuff for extra security but I usually don't and they still stay in place. I tried using straws to equalize them but found it unnecessary, as they do compress at depth but stay warm enough anyway, and I've never heard of them popping off during an ascent.

The gloves themselves are $8 at an LDS or $50/doz at a commercial fishing supply store, but I find them quite tough and I haven't had to replace them yet.

Mine, Kubi, should be here this week. I'll post back later. No one replies from the Kubi UK shop to emails or phone calls. I got mine from DRIS. Very good service, thank you Mike.

I have a Diving Concepts suit with the DC ring system, which I like. I bought a backup DUI suit with their ZipSeal drygloves. I haven't figured out a quick way to pop the gloves on before each dive yet. I tried leaving them on the suit but it made it difficult to check my neck seal with gloves on. I would love to find an extra pair of outer DC rings as a backup, but they don't seem to be available anywhere.

Insomnia, I clicked on that link and looked at that system, It looks very similar to the SI tech version. Is there a difference other than name and purchase units are in Euros? I had never heard of them before

It looks similar but it is not. This is really the best system. Especially donning and doffing is super easy while there is zero chance it will leak. The only chance of leak is when your glove get a hole in it.

I don't know if you can buy KUBI in US as I am from Czech Republic but there are many divers in Europe who love KUBI or at least those who had a chance to try it :)

I have been enjoying my Antares glove system, which is based on SiTech oval rings. That said, it's more of a "consumer grade" system than an "industrial strength" one (like Viking or UTD).

Some parts of the system (the "tabs" in particular) are fragile, and you need to keep them safe from getting banged or bent. Take care of the rings and tabs, and the system will take care of you. No leaks for me so far.

Also, I've enjoyed having these very sturdy gloves.

660 PVC Dryglove

Less risk of tearing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom