Dive at Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I want to dive in Monterey on February 17. We are experienced divers but have not dove in cold water nor in Monterey, other than the brief 2 dives we did last August at Breakwaters during the dry suit demo day. The dry suit needs getting used to so we want to try diving in a 7mm wet suit this time. We're thinking of hiring a guide from the Aquarius dive shop. We were in contact with the new owner of the shop at the end of last year and was planning on diving on New Year's day but then my husband got sick the last minute. The new owner seemed very accommodating. If you're interested in sharing the dive guide on the 17th, please let me know and we can coordinate. Thanks.

Also check out Bamboo Reef on Lighthouse ave. in Monterey they offer guided dives at a good price. They will take good care of you. They also have a shop in San Francisco.

Seven Seas right next to Breakwater Cove offers guided tours. Most of their guides are instructors so you'll be in good hands there.

-Adrian

Thanks to all who have responded. I will probably book with Seven Seas as recommended by Drin and my LDS. I'll post a dive report after I get back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom