'Anyone else waiting for a GX7 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm hoping/planning that the M16 accessory port will accept the "Nauticam Nikonos 5-pin Bulkhead with Hotshoe Connector #25013".
My plan is to use that with a dual S&S cable & old strobes. Not much detail on the Nauticam site, though.

Yes it is on the top of the Gx7 just beside the EVF under a plastic cover.
scipionems

---------- Post added January 23rd, 2014 at 03:58 PM ----------

I asked to an authorized dealer here in Italy and he told me that it is possible to attach this kind of Nauticam bulkhead Nauticam Bulkhead Nikonos - Digital Media Service srl
Now I don't remember if the Panasonic Gx7 have a nikonos 5 PIN connection or another kind of connection.... I have to study this on the manual :)
Scipionems

I think you are right Interceptor121, with that Nauticam Bulkhead it is possible to connect at the Gx7 hotshoe the Inon Strobes with electrical cable connection and use them in MANUAL mode only, no TTL.
But personally i prefer to connect them with fiber optic cable.
Scipionems

If the GX7 has a manual flash mode where you can only trigger the strobe and use little battery that is my preference too

Does the GX7 have a manual flash option?

The manual is pretty weak on the flash functions re. the hotshoe but it notes that the setting is "off" when the flash is down. So probably only simple "fire" control (works for me).

Has anyone seen indication that there is a Nauticam port/gear option to use the Panasonic 14-45mm m43 lens? It's not on their chart.

DSR-3:

The answer to your gear question is maybe. I think Nauticam used to make and market a gear specifically for the 14-45...because I believe I have one but I could be mistaken. You could call Alan at Nauticam (954-489-8678) and ask. If all else fails you can make one from another gear if you need to. I had to do that once and it wasn't much of a problem.

Hi,

I came back last week from Raja Ampat where i could dive with my new NA-GX7 housing.
I'm impressd with the combo so far.
I noticed that Nauticam didn't annoce the NA-GX7 yet! Is the NA-EM1 selling so bad? :D
Now, i have to sell my E-M5 with it's housing...

Here some photos made with the GX7:

7-14mm & 6" dome port at 7mm, uncroppod

8mm fische & 3,5" dome port: uncropped schows some vignetting:

Same but with defishing in PP, uncropped:

8mm fische & 3,5" dome port:

60mm, portait:

60mm, portait:

60mm Macro:

60mm Macro:

More photos made with the GX7 & NA-GX7:
Raja Ampat 14, Indonesia - a set on Flickr

Wow nice set of Pictures, congratulation Shaker :)
Can you tell us more about your impressions of the Panasonic Gx7 + Nauticam Housing ??
How was the "feeling" with this combo ??
It is easy to use ??
It is heavy underwater or neutral ??
Sorry I have not the possibility yet to test it underwater , so..... I need your impressions :D
Thank you :)
Scipionems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom