Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system - NA-NEX7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

System fitted to a NA-GH3

epymyve2.jpg

unajasys.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much is leak sentinel?

---------- Post added February 27th, 2014 at 10:23 AM ----------

Thanks it does look very good. I see is is 200 Euro not bad price. So it just screws in to the existing port on the LHS?

Yes, the existing NA-NEX7 detects water. The Leak Sentinel detects a drop a pressure, which will come much earlier than water detection. I did have a catastrophic leak a year back, so I'm keen for any early detection feature

I have seen the leak sentinel at the dive show. It is a quite simple system and goes on any housing with a bulkhead.
Compared to Nauticam is much simpler as it does not have a temperature control and also it does not integrate with the housing leak detection system, I do not think this is necessarily a bad thing as you may want to keep the two separate in case one of the electronic fails
I do believe though that if you have a new housing that has already the inner circuit the nauticam solution is superior
In some cases it is not possible to retrofit anyway or is expensive and the leak sentinel is a good compromise

Would you consider the leak sentinel a viable solution for a Nauticam RX100M2 housing?

Would you consider the leak sentinel a viable solution for a Nauticam RX100M2 housing?

I am in fact discussing with the manufacturer some of my concerns, once I have done some consideration around the theory behind it I will decide if is a possible solution or not. Will be on my blog in the next 3 weeks or so

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom