RX100 manual focus trouble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

techapma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm trying to use the manual focus for the first time and it doesn't seem to work. I have the focus mode set to Manual, but there is no change in image focus when I rotate the front control ring. I've tried with and without MF assist, still no difference ( other than the magnification and peaking on the LCD).

I tried DMF and it seems to work, but it's cumbersome to hold the shutter and turn the control ring at the same time.

Any advice? I'm trying have this sorted out before a trip in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm practicing for macro.

After I move back and forth to get a focus,will turning the control have an affect ?

Yes, I'm practicing for macro.

After I move back and forth to get a focus,will turning the control have an affect ?

My personal experience with one diopter at full zoom it will have some effect, with two or one +10 there will be only one point in focus and don't bother moving the ring the depth of field is literally 1mm

The rx100 has the best focus with two diopter a basically don't bother touching the control move the camera until peaking locks stay steady and shoot. Perfect

hi interceptor, do you suggest looking at peaking with or without the MF assist magnification ?

Hey... Would like to tag along this thread and ask how do I turn of this mm, I believe it's about metering, from the manual setting
nezazavy.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom