Looking for a Cavern Diving Buddy in Destin!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cisom17

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My name is Chris and I'm a student at Texas A&M. I'll be staying in Destin for a little while next month and would like to go cavern diving. I'm looking for someone to go with me on the morning of Saturday, March 8th. I'd like to do 2 or 3 dives in a cavern I've never been in before. I probably won't drive any further than 100 miles. The ones I've found within that proximity are Vortex Springs, Morrison, and Jackson Blue. I've been to Morrison and Jackson Blue and what I've read about Vortex makes it sound like a good location. I'm open to other caverns as well.

The NSS-CDS certified me in cavern diving and I have made about 15 cavern dives in around 7 locations. As much as I'd like to explore more of the cave I'll be sticking with the 60 meter penetration limit. I'm an AAUS Scientific Diver and I have about 200 dives. I will have all of my gear with the exception of a tank. My gear is set up to dive a single tank.

My name is Chris and I'm a student at Texas A&M. I'll be staying in Destin for a little while next month and would like to go cavern diving. I'm looking for someone to go with me on the morning of Saturday, March 8th. I'd like to do 2 or 3 dives in a cavern I've never been in before. I probably won't drive any further than 100 miles. The ones I've found within that proximity are Vortex Springs, Morrison, and Jackson Blue. I've been to Morrison and Jackson Blue and what I've read about Vortex makes it sound like a good location. I'm open to other caverns as well.

The NSS-CDS certified me in cavern diving and I have made about 15 cavern dives in around 7 locations. As much as I'd like to explore more of the cave I'll be sticking with the 60 meter penetration limit. I'm an AAUS Scientific Diver and I have about 200 dives. I will have all of my gear with the exception of a tank. My gear is set up to dive a single tank.

I can't go on the 8th (moving a load to my new home that day), but I would be up for future cavern dives in that area. Stay in touch!

Shirley

Chris,
Timing is everything. I'm a Cavern Instructor and love Vortex Springs. Unfortunately I just moved to So Cal a few months ago. Wish I could help. Have fun and good luck. Safe diving...

If your still in the area the weekend of the 29th, I will be diving JB. I'm also cavern and single back mount, until I get sidemount next month :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can say that Tess is an excellent dive buddy. She's proficient in skill, very safety minded and a blast to dive with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom