Some Macro Pictures with Panasonic LX7 and Inon UCL100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just to try it out I did a few shots two days ago. I think this gives an idea of the quality of the lens

Bunaken2013 - a set on Flickr

The wide shots are with the Inon UWL-H100 and the mandarin fish mating with the bare port

nice shots! is that lens all wide angle or just wide macro?
i also have a panasonic with inon mount and a ucl-165ld lens. was wondering if i bought the m67 macro lens to stack on top, if it would work good? double magnification?

The macro is with either UCL165 or UCL100 or both
No issues stacking other than vignette until around 50mm but if you stack you are at full zoom anyway so two UCL165 LD+M67 no issue at all

Hi,

I followed your conversation and would like to clarify one point. I use a Canon S110 in combination with Inon HDL 100 and dome and do mostly CFWA photography using two Inon 2000 D4 strobes in manual or aperture mode. I bought recently a UCL 165 and would like to know what is your usual object to lens distance for shooting macro? I consider buying another lense to stack - can I combine the UCL100 with my existing UCL165 or will the focal point too narrow and close to the lens? Should have around 15 D combining both. Better using two UCL 165?

Kind regards
Alexander

Hi,

I followed your conversation and would like to clarify one point. I use a Canon S110 in combination with Inon HDL 100 and dome and do mostly CFWA photography using two Inon 2000 D4 strobes in manual or aperture mode. I bought recently a UCL 165 and would like to know what is your usual object to lens distance for shooting macro? I consider buying another lense to stack - can I combine the UCL100 with my existing UCL165 or will the focal point too narrow and close to the lens? Should have around 15 D combining both. Better using two UCL 165?

Kind regards
Alexander

Which version of the UCL-165 have you got? Is it M67 mount or bayonet? It you have an LD version this can only be stacked with an M67 mount and as you already have fringing on the lens you have I would recommend a second UCL-165
If you look at this set shot with a Canon S95 the pygmy sea horses are for most with 2 UCl-165
Raja Ampat - a set on Flickr
Stacking an UCL-100 and one UCL-165 is a bit of an overkill for the canon S series

Which version of the UCL-165 have you got? Is it M67 mount or bayonet? It you have an LD version this can only be stacked with an M67 mount and as you already have fringing on the lens you have I would recommend a second UCL-165
If you look at this set shot with a Canon S95 the pygmy sea horses are for most with 2 UCl-165
Raja Ampat - a set on Flickr
Stacking an UCL-100 and one UCL-165 is a bit of an overkill for the canon S series

Very nice pictures.
I use a M67 mount on a Ikelite compact housing. Thanks for your inside.

Regards
Alex@nder

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom