Panama City/St Andrews Saturday, March 1st Condition Report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone in the Panama City Beach area that can give me a condition report? We are thinking about heading to St. Andrews Saturday for a dive, but I was wondering how clear the Gulf has been in the PC area, especially at the jetties? We have had a mixture of conditions here in Fort Walton Beach/Destin because of all the heavy rain and run off.

Looks like a double High Tide, with one hitting around 11:30 AM. Not much range in the tides, so not sure how clear the water will be.

Anyone got any thoughts on conditions for this Saturday, March 1st??

Since no one seems to have any information, I guess I will have to give a report about conditions once we dive on Saturday. If anyone makes it out to St. Andrews Saturday, look us up. Two divers from Fort Walton Beach will be there.

I haven't been at the jetties this year yet, we have had some ran over the last week or so. That will probably affect the viz with the run off from the surrounding area. The saturday weather report doesn't look too bad - temp 68F, wind direction SSW and wind speeds around 4mph, gusting 7mph..

We are going to give it a try. Plan on being there around 10AM to check conditions. I am desperate to get back in the water, so even if I have to swim in the kiddie pool I will at least get wet. Can't be worse then the first time I dove at PC Jetties years ago. It was 42 degrees, strong winds, and it was completely dark at 20 feet! Still got a 30 minute dive in, but dang was it cold and miserable. If we have just a little better conditions than that....I will be happy.

Still below. I tried to dive it this past Wednesday and the water was tannic with 5ft of vis at best less than a foot at worse. The top 10 ft was 61 degrees so deeper it's probably 58 to 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom