Secrets Aura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I started diving in SoCal where they pack 24 or so divers onto a boat. Granted, it's a bigger boat, but crowding is inevitable if there's a full load. Then I did group trips where we again use larger boats filled to the brim. You don't appreciate a roomy "six pac" until you've actually tried it and then it's very hard to go back. Sort of like the difference between first class and coach on an airplane. Actually, it's exactly the same difference, except you unfortunately don't get free cocktails on the "six pac" :)

Does the dive shop at Secrets let you use rinse tanks if you're not diving with them?

I'm looking at staying here in May but diving with my favorite, Dive with Martin.

Thanks!

Does the dive shop at Secrets let you use rinse tanks if you're not diving with them?

I'm looking at staying here in May but diving with my favorite, Dive with Martin.
Since you're going to be keeping your gear in your room anyway, why not just rinse the gear in your room? After all, communal rinse tanks can be kind of nasty.

Or try a different dive op, one that valets all your gear.

No problem schlepping gear to the room, I just like rinsing gear, letting it drip a bit so I don't create a "water pathway" to my room. Also, getting a cocktail from the pool bar while it's dripping is a plus!

Excited now! It's been too long since we've been back!

No problem schlepping gear to the room, I just like rinsing gear, letting it drip a bit so I don't create a "water pathway" to my room. Also, getting a cocktail from the pool bar while it's dripping is a plus!

Excited now! It's been too long since we've been back!

Rinsing probably increases the risk of a water drip path as opposed to letting it drip from the end of your last daily dive.

Choose Dive with Martin. They pick you up right at the dock around 7:45-8 every morning and usually are out there before other boats get to the sites. There boats are quicker and smaller groups :). Just my personal opinion and recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom