Cabo in Late April... Newbie divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmarkham5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all! My husband has been certified a year, with experience diving in Catalina. I am just now getting certified. We are taking a trip to Cabo for our one year anniversary April 7. There is so much varying info on Cabo and the dive scene.

Anyone with any helpful info for us?

I would like to do dives around 30ft or less, little to no current. How is the viz there? What water temp should i expect? I tried to look this up online and yet again there is so much info that differs out there. I thought i might ask someone who's been there.

Plus any tips on dive boats? We were thinking about Dive Cabo.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

You can easily stay to 30 feet on most dives in Cabo. Make sure you mention that to the Op. The sites near the arch are a mostly sandy bottom which slopes out and then drops quickly to 1000's of feet. Most of the dives are done around the edge which can be 60-80 feet but a lot are done more shallow. Viz is hit or miss. There are some swellings so you can get some silt up. Generally its around 50 feet or so. In april the temps will be 75-80 degrees. see my report here from a few years ago.

Hi Chris

Great to hear you are heading to Cabo for some diving. The water temp would be anywhere from 65-70 degrees at that time of the year. Currently we are having about 68-70 degrees. Visibility can definitely vary ranging from about 30-50ft, with the colder water though we can have some days at 100ft.

You can definitely stay around the shallower water, lands end where the sea lion colony is max depth is 70ft but you can stay above this unless there is a surge but we can always assess the conditons on the day. Normally on most of the other dive sites there is little to no current.

If you would like anymore information don't hesitate to directly contact me on the email below.

Charlotte (Charlie)

There is a shop with their own pool which is great for training. You can spend as much time in the pool with your gear on as you like. It is called Nautilus Dive Tech. It isn't right on the marine, but only a 5 minute walk away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom