How to dry wetsuit boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarDavis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I have a pair of 7 mm bare brand wetsuit boots. After every use, I rinse them off in the tub, and hang them upside down to dry. The only problem is - they don't really dry. It's been a week since they were last used and they are just now almost completely dry. They're still a little damp near the toe, though. They're also starting to smell not so good since they've been wet for a week straight. I don't want mold or something to start growing in them, but I don't know how else to dry them. They've been sitting upside down for a week and still aren't completely dry. Every day they get a little bit drier, but I still don't think that it should take over a week for them to dry.

Any recommendations on how to better dry the boots so that they don't start to smell bad?

You can try ski boot dryers. Or if you got your home heaters on you can place them by a vent so the warm air goes inside the boot and dry it.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have a pair of 7 mm bare brand wetsuit boots. After every use, I rinse them off in the tub, and hang them upside down to dry. The only problem is - they don't really dry. It's been a week since they were last used and they are just now almost completely dry. They're still a little damp near the toe, though. They're also starting to smell not so good since they've been wet for a week straight. I don't want mold or something to start growing in them, but I don't know how else to dry them. They've been sitting upside down for a week and still aren't completely dry. Every day they get a little bit drier, but I still don't think that it should take over a week for them to dry.

Any recommendations on how to better dry the boots so that they don't start to smell bad?

I wash mine in water mixed with baby shampoo or similar when they start to smell. If your air temps are not high enough then you need artificial heat or a fan. Stuffing them with news paper will expedite the process.

Last edited:
There have been a couple of threads with this subject and a DIY solution, which proved to be pretty effective.
Look here.

rinse in fresh water and leave in the sunshine.

Black neoprene wetsuit will suffer a lot being left to dry at direct sunshine. Not only it will deteriorate, but also will be reduced his life time and elasticity.

Back
Top Bottom