Headed back to Playa Del Carmen April 5th - 12th!!!! Recommendations????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvmjethead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So we are headed back to Playa, staying at the Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda in North Playa Del Carmen....

Who do you recommend for dives?

I'll be bringing my regs/computer and nothing else.....will need to rent all other equipment.

Thanks!!!

Hey B!
I am glad you will be coming back to paradise! I would love to help you plan for your diving trip! :)
Let me know what you are looking for and I will put a personalized diving package together for you.
We hope we get to dive with you!

Cheers,

Karla

Try "Beyond Diving"...small boutique operation run by a great guy. I have dove with them twice and had a blast! If you need any rental gear Erik has really good stuff that is very well maintained. If I sound like a cheerleader it's because really good dive operations are hard to find so when I have a great experience I like to tell others. Message me if I can give you any more information.

Bob (Toronto)

Thanks Karla,

Well I've dove 20-30 times all very clear warm water, Florida Keys and Playa and a local lake are the three places I've dove. I'd be comfortable going to 75 maybe 100 ft for wrecks, reef or some feature.

NOT interested in any cave diving. If it hits the fan I want to be able to go straight up.

When last in Playa we dove with someone from the dive shop right there on the Sandos Resort Beach, cant remember names. We went pretty much straight out maybe a bit to the right out from the resort and found pretty cool reefs to explore.

I'd like to see reefs, fish and maybe a cool wreck.

We'll be at the Blue Bay Grand April 5th - 12th....

Get in touch with a good quality Cozumel dive operation (I recommend Tres Pelicanos but I believe Aldora, Living Underwater & Liquid Blue are also 1st class ops) and arrange a trip. Take the AM ferry over to Cozumel and do some fantastic diving. Even if the first ferry doesn’t leave until 7AM you will still have time to make it to the Caleta for the standard 8 AM dive schedule. If the dive op has not done a pre-setup meet at the pier and transport, a cab from the ferry pier to the Caleta is 80 MNP (around $6 USD).
The mainland has the incredible cave and cavern, Centote systems, Cozumel has the incredible living reef systems.

Can also check out the Abyss Dive Center or Cyan-Ha Dive Center. Both are reputable & two of the oldest dive shops in Playa; SSI dive centers as well. The instructors at both shops have years of experience diving in the área, really good at finding the unusual critters hiding on the reef. Also like that their focus is on fun AND safety.

Have a great time in Playa!

Back
Top Bottom