save a dive kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are already about 50 threads on this subject. Try doing a Google search on Scubaboard and "Save a Dive" or some other such combination.

Closer to 300 - google this: save a dive site:scubaboard.com

Replacement parts for reg and bcd; computer batter; assorted o rings, fin strap.ask strap, extra mouthpiece and ties to secure it ; tool kit, duct tape, waterproof fabric repair kit. Add to that an extra second stage, a back up computer, a second prescription mask, and you have a good start.
DivemasterDennis

Nice response DD.

I don't understand slamming the OP for posting a question that has been addressed.

You would think there are no other subjects that get repeated. BP/W comes to mind...

Sometimes a new conversation can be interesting and entertaining.

my spares kit depends on the situation.
A shore dive with no support might mean a compressor ,booster , tanks, spare everything and as many tools as i can get in the back of the motor.
A weeks liveaboard might mean just 1 low pressure hose that is specific to my rig and a backup mask as there will be spanners and spares on tap.

Replacement parts for reg and bcd; computer batter; assorted o rings, fin strap.ask strap, extra mouthpiece and ties to secure it ; tool kit, duct tape, waterproof fabric repair kit. Add to that an extra second stage, a back up computer, a second prescription mask, and you have a good start.
DivemasterDennis

Pretty much my kit. I add Aquaseal. If weight allows, I will take a pair of lp and hp hoses. This does not address a separate kit for photography. And I add seals and a few other items if I am drysuit diving.

On long trips where equipment may be sparse, and we are with a good size group from our shop, several of us will put our heads together beforehand. Since most of the people diving out of our shop often have similar equipment, one of us will carry a full set of hoses, another a couple spare regs and weight pockets, another several parts kits, and another the "specialized" tools to fix regs on site. Has worked out well on many trips, and has been fairly heavily utilized-saved many a dive.

I've several times had people teasing me about all the spare equipment, but on every trip it ends when they have to borrow a strap or adjust a regs.

Terry

My kit for local diving:
Mask
mask strap
fin strap w/buckles
o-ring kit, you need it, I have it.
Combo tool
wrenches
zip ties
silicon lube
Christolube
LP hose
HP hose
Spare regulator, 1st and second with hoses ready to go.
Batteries for all torches and computers.
Moisture Munchers
Spare fins
Spare weights, hard and soft

i would say he's also looking for what other solo divers have in their spares box more than what a non-solo diver would i think

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom