replacing Focus light with Video Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This isn't correct, Neo can be charged both externally, or via connecting the charger directly to a battery.

FIX-Neo-features-graph-3_jpg_1_500×949_pixels.jpg

More info is available at fixneo.com

Reactions: jbb
Nope, the battery has to be inside the light in order to charge. The charger connects to the back of the light housing - dry or wet for charging. See charging depicted below. I do have two batteries but have not really needed the second so far as I rarely have it on full strength. I am not using it much for video. I believe there may be a separate charging station available.
FIX_NEO_charger.jpg

I just received my Fix Neo 2000 DX kit yesterday and can tell you if you look on the battery there is on the LOWER ROUND bottom a connector port that your charger will plug into. Just remove the "double plug" adapter, and your charger round plug will plug in there. Your enlarged photo even shows that. Have a closer look.

Reactions: jbb
Yes, the Fix NEO batteries can be charged outside of the light housing. There is a very small socket on the top of the battery. A note is that the 1200 and the 2000 come with 5 different mounts as well.

Also Fix has come with their new remote control that uses fiber optic cords to control 2 lights; either A-B separately or A+B together.

FixNeo-remote.jpg

Also see our new article: Guide: Choosing an Underwater Lighting System

one downside is though that the charge indicator light is only on the Charger plug and does not indicate % charging status on the light itself when it is plugged into the light itself.

This thread is a few months old now, but I went through the same considerations in choosing a video/focus light for my compact camera/strobe and ordered the Big Blue VTL 2500P.

Manufacturer :: Big Blue :: Big Blue VTL2500WP 2500 Lumen Focus/Video/Dive Light

I considered the Sola but because of the beam angle most recommend using two to avoid vignetting. This negates the small size of the Sola and becomes much more expensive.

The Big Blue has the spot beam like the Sola and a 120 deg flood beam, and a removable standard battery. I'll give a report after trying it out on a couple of dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom