Any input on Go West diving in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GO WEST diving is the ideal operation. Fair pricing, excellent folks working there. The steps up to the parking lot is a minor challenge for able bodied people. But I feel confident that if you needed help getting your tanks up to the parking area a GO WEST staff member would assist if you ask. I think they would be happy to help. Boat dives are easiest and most convenient. All the sites at the island's west end are good. Try going from the fishing pier by All West apartment to the Lodge. That is a very pretty dive. Very slow and easy. Lots to see. A bundle of creatures peaking out if you go easy and look. Anxious to get back there.

Just went there for a day of diving a month ago because of good reviews. Plan was to spend a day or with them and take some boat trips.

I think the staff was quite rude and generally uninterested, boat rides were cancelled and their supposed-to-be-great alice in wonderland house reef was just mediocre.

After trying to talk with the staff and paying to use the reef we decided to change plans and leave after two morning dives. Did three more dives that day elsewhere and did not come back.

I would not want to haul tanks up and down their stairs many times a day for shore diving elsewhere. Also would not like to look at the faces of that staff many times a day if the behaviour i saw was standard.

Maybe they were intimidated for the fact that i had full tanks and all gear with me and our group not needing any instruction. Didn't see money coming so it was OK to ignore the clients or they just had a bad day. We were looking for gear and boat trips however and i have threw friends going to do their referral in Cuaracao in a few weeks. None of that money is going go west way.

The best reef dives there were daaboibai and Klein knip, both just required quite a long swim over sandy bottom before finding the fun stuff.

I would definitely recommend tecdivingcuaracao, the dive bus or relaxed guided dives.

- Mikko Laakkonen -

I love diving and teaching others to dive.

Just went there for a day of diving a month ago because of good reviews. Plan was to spend a day or with them and take some boat trips.

I think the staff was quite rude and generally uninterested, boat rides were cancelled and their supposed-to-be-great alice in wonderland house reef was just mediocre.

After trying to talk with the staff and paying to use the reef we decided to change plans and leave after two morning dives. Did three more dives that day elsewhere and did not come back.

I would not want to haul tanks up and down their stairs many times a day for shore diving elsewhere. Also would not like to look at the faces of that staff many times a day if the behaviour i saw was standard.

Maybe they were intimidated for the fact that i had full tanks and all gear with me and our group not needing any instruction. Didn't see money coming so it was OK to ignore the clients or they just had a bad day. We were looking for gear and boat trips however and i have threw friends going to do their referral in Cuaracao in a few weeks. None of that money is going go west way.

The best reef dives there were daaboibai and Klein knip, both just required quite a long swim over sandy bottom before finding the fun stuff.

I would definitely recommend tecdivingcuaracao, the dive bus or relaxed guided dives.

- Mikko Laakkonen -

I love diving and teaching others to dive.

Mikko... I am very sorry to hear about your experience... I would appreciate you to either PM me or email me directly so that I can understand what exactly happened as this is not a normal experience here at GO WEST Diving! Quite the contrary in fact!

Additionally, I was checking our boat lists over the last month, and I cannot find what day our boat has not gone out.

Anyways, I will look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you!

+1 for Go West!

We visited Curacao about 4 years ago and stayed at Lodge KH and spent the week boat diving with Go West. I have significant experience diving and my wife doesn't. We wanted the opportunity to really go at our own pace with the convenience of a professional operation (and the emergency gear and training that comes with it). After looking at the possibility of shore dives, my wife's experience level, and just how damned convenient it was to shore dive Alice-in-Wonderland, we decided against the shore diving outside of the house reef. Our daily plan was 2-am boat dives, pm boat dive, and sunset/night shore dive. We managed to hit our plan consistently and that was largely due to Go West making it easy for us. Anyone who's done live-aboard diving knows that nothing is easier than waiting for the dive bell to ring and jumping in the water. Diving with Go West and staying at Lodge KH is the next best thing to that! I understand that Lodge KH is under new ownership now and so can't speak to that aspect.

We loved diving with Go West and had a fantastic time with Bryan and the entire staff. Very helpful, friendly and willing to let us sort out our own pace to a large degree.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom