I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Word to the wise. I had AmeriGlo tritium night sights installed on my Kimber 1911. First time at the range, part of the white ring on the front sight came off and one of the tritium vials in the rear sight fell out. Will take it back to the smith today to have original sights put back in and get refund on the night sights.

Why did you want the Tritium sights if you have the Crimson Trace? Just asking as I am looking at the Crimson Trace, but already have the Tritum on my Springfield Champion.

I find the laser distracting. But then, I'm at an indoor range shooting at paper targets, too. Perhaps in a defensive situation it would be really handy for point 'n shoot, but otherwise I'm not really impressed.

The sights I had were all black. No white dot or anything.

BTW, the LGS replaced the AmriGlo (yellow rear, green front) at no charge, of course. Shot 100 rounds and everything seems fine. Maybe I just got a bad one the first time.

Why did you want the Tritium sights if you have the Crimson Trace? Just asking as I am looking at the Crimson Trace, but already have the Tritum on my Springfield Champion.

Batteries fail.

Apparently so do Tritium sights, but that is most commonly installation issues. Some gunsmiths are better at it than others.

Also, night sights are only visible to the person behind the trigger, not so much to the potential bad guy on the other side. You lose some of the "intimidation factor" of the laser, but it doesn't give away your position either.

not sure if it's been posted before yet or not and too lazy right now to look --
did anyone see that episode of Mythbusters where they tested whether or not a bent barrel would fire like in a bugs bunny cartoon? even after bending it 180 degrees the rifle still fired with not too much velocity loss from normal.

Used in WWII

Wife picked up a Sig Sauer P238 Equinox today. Added the extended magazine for the pinky rest. Nice little pistol.

Last edited:
I have a P238 that I carry in my pocket, cocked and locked. Nice little carry piece, but I'm a big Sig fan. Usually I like 'em just black but Sig did a pretty neat job of a cool selection of styles/finishes on this little gun. Mine's the diamond plate edition.

My birthday's not until September but, if y'all all want to get together and pick me up something nice before that, I'm lusting after this jewel: ROBAR SBR NO STAMP NEEDED! Sig Sauer Magpul Samson : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I have a P238 that I carry in my pocket, cocked and locked. Nice little carry piece, but I'm a big Sig fan. Usually I like 'em just black but Sig did a pretty neat job of a cool selection of styles/finishes on this little gun. Mine's the diamond plate edition.

My birthday's not until September but, if y'all all want to get together and pick me up something nice before that, I'm lusting after this jewel: ROBAR SBR NO STAMP NEEDED! Sig Sauer Magpul Samson : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Interesting. I still don't completely understand how BATF classifies this as a pistol.

BTW, does the P238 trigger soften up a little after some use? Sure is a stiff little bugger. Must be close to 10 pounds.

You know, I've only put a few dozen rounds through it (it's not a particularly fun gun to shoot, IMO) but I wouldn't say my trigger's that stiff. It's stiffer than I'd like and, if I were going to shoot it a lot, I'd have that remedied...but I just don't plan to bang away with it. And for carrying, I don't want things too light for fear I might shoot my n*ts off!

That Sig actually starts its life as a pistol and, for some odd reason, adding the stock--and all those other goodies--to it doesn't change that classification. Understanding the government regulations writers is as difficult as finding logic in airline pricing. However, if O'blamer ever saw that thing and knew anything at all about firearms, he'd executive order up a mandate toot-sweet, I'd bet. Better get 'em while you can!!

I've been eying the Sig 938 at a local shop, the 9mm version of the 238. Anyone have any experience with it?

I've been eying the Sig 938 at a local shop, the 9mm version of the 238. Anyone have any experience with it?

That's the 938. I've heard good reviews, but never shot one myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom