Who hates their White Fusion Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Sinbad, I'm in wholehearted agreement with you in general. But I have to say that, of the three dry suits I've owned, I've had the fewest problems with my Fusion. And I have fewer dry suit problems than ANY of my friends with DUIs.

if anyone is interested in the White Fusion Sport Dry Suit with and extra outer skin..... Here is all the details: size is 2X/3X,

White Fusion Sport with bullet skin and extra skin.
Evo3 rock boots (size 10)
Whites HEAT drysuit hood with rear zip.
MK2 Glacier Undergarment Jumpsuit and Jacket.
3mm Neoprene socks
Whites drysuit bag,
gloves are not attached
check out the White sizing chart
*Sport Diving - Fusion Sport Drysuit - Whites Diving

Price $1,500.00 OBO my name is Steve my cell is 408_710-4595 wiilling to mail it if needed....shipping cost will be determined.

So.....I have decided to give my White Fusion Sport another shot.....I had been watching youtube and found a video that talked about the most common mistakes a new dry suit diver makes.....the video pointed out that many new drysuit divers make the mistake of having their neck and wrist seals cut far to tight and wear to much lead......my neck and wrist seal were so tight that my hands throbbed and well as my head, the seals were choking me and cutting off circulation. Since then I have lost 50 lbs and gone from a 17.5" neck to 15.5" and the neck seals STILL needed to have 3 rings cut off.....wow now my neck and wrist seal go on without powder or cream and now they are not a huge cause of stress and being uncomfortable. The suit was not set up for me correctly even after I complained....AND...I don't understand why I was told I needed to wear ankle weights my feet continued to sink so I could not trim out so I added more air until I had the huge bubble that was hard to manage all stressing me out. Maybe I was being choked so bad and stressed that I did not get it......SO I am off to try out my White Fusion Sport again....I really hope this works. I used to dive in a Monterey Bay Wetsuit custom dry suit in the mid 90's but maybe a dry suit class would help. Oh and I checked...I was way wrong my suit did not cost $2500. I paid less than $1700.00 out the door with extras....hmmm that's what a over tight neck seal will do cut of blood to my brain....haha

Give it a shot. A too tight neck seal can be deadly dangerous. It can trick the body into thinking you have high blood pressure so it starts to lower your blood pressure until you eventually pass out.

Make sure that neck seal is right. I have silicone seals and find them much more comfortable than latex.

I dont hate my fusion. I do find it tough to get I and out of sometimes. I don't have any problem with the air bubble. I suspect you were overweighted so you had too much air in the suit and this is what have you trouble.

My biggest complaints : sometimes tough to get in and out of with thick undergarments, bullet skin takes a long time to dry thoroughly.

As as for the inside being wet, that is normal. If you sweat when you dive, where can it go? Make sure to wear all wicking clothes and baselayers so this moisture isn't held against your skin. I wear underarmor shirts and underwear and use the fusion thermal undergarment. It will be wet on the outside after a dive but inside I am still dry. Never wear cotton under a drysuit it holds moisture.

So far for me the Fusion has worked as advertised. It feels "trim" and snug in the water, and even with a 2XL/3XL suit and thick undergarment, I'm wearing much less weight than I feared I'd need. I wear only 22lbs. By contrast, my buddy is similar size and build wears a more traditional trilam, and he needs 37lbs to sink.

I will echo what others have said here: proper weighting is absolutely key, as is trimming the seals to the right fit.

The White's and DRIS videos help a lot with tips and tricks for donning the suit in the most efficient way. If I hadn't watched these before I got my suit, I would probably have been very frustrated figuring it out on my own.

The explanation in the Apeks valve book that came with my dry suit for proper weighting worked for me! After 30 dives on my
Fusion bullet its still hard to get in and out of but I'll keep trying as I really like it.

great suit for a store rental fleet ...worst suit i ever owned (ive had allot in the last 30 years diving dry ) still the best is viking ......

I've had about 5 suits in 20 years, fav is the fusion for comfort, but yes don/doff is a bit harder but it's the actual way it dives that means the most to me.

I also acquired a Fusion suit lately. After using it for some dives, I'd say it generally does NOT do what it advertise, or least does NOT meet my expectation.

First, getting in and out is a hassle compare to a shell suit. I have won TLS and CF, both are much easier in and out. Now someone mentioned Fusion is still easier than a 7mm wetsuit. This I am more or less agree. Yes, Fusion is easier, but not by much.

Then, the advertised to be a very mobile and flexible suit, this I totally disagree. Even with just a thin fleece under shirt + 200g thinsulate, I feel the Tech skin is too tight. I can't move my arm like I can in my shell suit. Yes, I think I can do splits like it is advertised, but split is NOT what divers do underwater. Reaching valves is. I have to struggle to get to my valve. This is my most disappointment. Totally not how I expect this suit to be. I am hoping this is a tech skin issue. I will try sport skin to see if I am not mobile.

I can see this is a more flexible suit when I have minimal undergarment or just t-shirt. So it could be good tropical destination suit. But being in NorCal, I need that 200g if not 400g thinsulate.

So as advertised to be a good travel suit, I also disagree. First, the Fusion Tech skin with integreated boots is heavier than my TLS350 with turbo suit. It does fold down smaller tho. Second, Tech skin and the boots take a few days to dry. If I were to take this suit a live aboard, it will still be wet when I am flying home.

On to the good side. So far, this suit is easy in water. Bubble management is very simple. It can make a bad drysuit diver look good.

Overall, I am not impressed so far, and not recommended if you dive in cold water. I will try out sport skin later. I hope my impression will change.

eelnoraa, did you get the Fusion with the user-changeable seals? The neck ring can significantly interfere with reaching valves.

For warm water, I dive the Fusion with the Sport skin, and X-shorts. It's a little bit annoying to remember to get the shorts and put them on, but it beats the heavier skins. In my experience, the people who don't like the Fusion have either gotten the neck ring and found they can't reach their valves, or they have bought the Bullet (less often the Tech) skin and are disappointed with the mobility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom