Ikelite housing fpr Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it certainly looks interesting with such a compact size and good price. Limiting to 3 lenses (18-55, 10-17 and 60 if you get the flat port) may be a bit limiting long term, so hopefully at some point they will add some new ports.

Hopefully someone will get one soon and write a review.

I was just in the market for a new camera and housing, and looked at this. In the end the cost of both camera and housing led me back to the 'point and shoot' market. Found something almost as good (picture wise) for a lot less.

just got mine in the mail...no strobes for it yet but I plan to take some wreck shots soon with the tokina 10-17, once it arrives.

tokina 10-17? check. S&S YS-D1? check...just waiting for my inon/s&s strobe cable from ikelite now.

all ready to go...gonna use the 18-55 for my test round. D1 works fine. still a pretty cumbersome set up with less than ideal buttons/controls...

14019208274_c49dcc9fe4_b.jpg

took it for a quick test dive today...just used the 18-55mm since there isn't very much to shoot wide angle wise (maybe a seascape) at the spot I dipped in at...as much as I didn't care for the controls on ikes compact housings, on this bigger housing, they aren't too bad. the housing is bigger than my previous ikelite S100 and RX100 housings...I do miss having a rear/front wheels to switch shutter/aperture but it wasn't bad at all. the one thing that kinda bugged me was the D1 just going off by itself...not a whole lot but enough that I was like "WTF?" had it set to slave (2 lightning bolts) setting. either way, tho, I was/am pretty happy with the combo...here are a few pics (just snaps really) with the kit lens (all cropped a fair amount):

14083555212_b04b580b5c_z.jpg

13900083887_3f3989cb5c_z.jpg

13900080059_845e1ba62d_z.jpg

next up, using the tokina 10-17mm...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom