Natural Sharks vs Park (Pigeon) Sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark Pass, Bikini Atoll

200310TR_micronesia_342A.jpg

Last edited:
We get 7 gill sharks in La Jolla cove around this time of year. They appear because of the birthing sea lion population, so I'm not sure if one would call them natural or 'park' since they go where the food/pups are. Either way, we consider it a real treat to dive with them.

Sipidan had reef, leopard, hammerhead.

Cook Islands had white tips all over the place.

Shark Pass, Bikini Atoll

Oh, Bikini Atoll, I'm so sorry I missed that oppotunity. My scheme was at a very advanced stage when they went out of business. Maybe I can make the liveaboard someday, probably not :depressed:

Last edited:
We had a 15 ft female tiger shark cruise around us on a dive right outside the Kailua-Kona harbor right after the first of the year. I think her name was Laverne. Probably the most impressive shark I've seen while diving

We've seen plenty at Molokini over the years.

Lots of decent size lemon sharks at times in the passes around some of the outer Tahiti islands, like Raiatea and Huahine

It does seem like we see fewer sharks on dives than we used to

Socorro, Malpelo, Cocos, Galapagos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom