Glove recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stas

Contributor
Reaction score
Could someone recommend a good pair of 5mm wet gloves. So far I have been going with the approach of get the cheapest crap available and usually the gloves dont last a whole season and and have at least one shortfall right from the start. What gloves have you been happy with in terms of flexibility, warmth, and durability?
Thanks, Stas

Fourth Element, can be a bit challenging to put on but found those better than any other wet glove for cold water. Waterproof comes close second. Own and dive both when not using my dry glove set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could someone recommend a good pair of 5mm wet gloves. So far I have been going with the approach of get the cheapest crap available and usually the gloves dont last a whole season and and have at least one shortfall right from the start. What gloves have you been happy with in terms of flexibility, warmth, and durability?
Thanks, Stas

Not wet, but semi-dry. XS Scuba Dry-Five XS Scuba Diving Gloves

My last dives were in 43 oF water, my hands were nice and toasty

XS Scuba rhynohyde gloves or mechanix wear work gloves depending on temperature.

Any other recommendations? I'm looking for 5 mm gloves for wetsuit diving in Monterey Bay.

Waterproof G1 5-Finger 5 mm Gloves at LeisurePro

These gloves are awesome, super easy to get on because of the zipper and when it is zipped there is very little water movement. I would give these a try, the best gloves in the world wont' help you if you can't get them on.. that's why I went with these. Good luck!

I took your advice and ordered the Waterproof G-1 gloves. They got good reviews, and the zipper makes sense to me. The other gloves mentioned get good reviews for warmth, but online reviews for the other gloves say things like "nearly impossible to get the second glove on once you have the first glove on."

My kid has the Waterproof gloves, much easier to put on than other gloves. and made very well! if you go onto their website they do have a small "closeout" section. You can find some good deals if they have your size.

Back
Top Bottom