iPhone 5C Watershot??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaShan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My dive buddy has been using his watershot case to take photos and videos with his iPhone 5, I'm wondering, has anyone tried to put a 5C iPhone in any of these cases to see if you can still operate it? I'd like to get myself one for photos, since I already use a gopro for video.

Why not just push one button and convert your GoPro into a stills camera? It'll have a MUCH better sensor, and whatever you're using for video (lights, tray, filter) can be used for your photos.

I've never had luck with taking stills with my gopro they always turn out blurry and I have focus issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few things to mention. Your profile suggests 0-24 dives. If that's correct, I doubt you're still enough for long enough to get a properly good picture. Also, with the tiny lens/sensor on an iPhone, I doubt you'll have any better luck with it than you will with the GoPro.

If I could pickup a used iPhone 4 just for pics/video (no network usage) for $50 , I'd maybe get that case for it and let my wife use it on dives. I have an old iPhone 3GS but it's camera sucks.

My iPhone 4 belongs to my employer, I couldn't risk anything with it.

An iPhone when paired with a light actually works better than one would expect.

[video=youtube_share;BBTCQIsAWhE]http://youtu.be/BBTCQIsAWhE[/video]

Last edited:
The amount of dives I've completed doesn't completely effect my photography skills. I've never taken pictures underwater with my GoPro, just topside, and I usually get better pictures with my iPhone compared to my GoPro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom