Squeeeeee! I have a bcd and reg set!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

violamama

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husband finally pulled the trigger between all the different gear we've been considering and bought me the Aqualung Legend! I can't wait to get home and read the manual. (seriously, i'm geeky that way)

He also got the Lotus bcd with air source 3. Also the Suunto zoop with analog style spg.

Next up: Drysuit. Just need to be sure about the Whites and jump in on ordering it.

We're heading back to florida from chilly oregon next month for a week so I'll get in some great practice with all this new stuff. Thanks to SB we'll also be picking up smbs and practicing dumping weights and manually inflating at the surface. Can't wait to start to actually acquire some skills instead of just reading about all of yours!

Last edited:
Yay. Congrats. I know it's a relief to finally decide, there are so many opinions and features and personal choices. I Just got my new rig about a week ago and today I'm heading to the pool for its maiden voyage! I got the aqualung dimension and the Titan reg. going to be in pompano in two weeks to really work it out. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband finally pulled the trigger between all the different gear we've been considering and bought me the Aqualung Legend! I can't wait to get home and read the manual. (seriously, i'm geeky that way)

He also got the Lotus bcd with air source 3. Also the Suunto zoop with analog style spg.

Next up: Drysuit. Just need to be sure about the Whites and jump in on ordering it.

We're heading back to florida from chilly oregon next month for a week so I'll get in some great practice with all this new stuff. Thanks to SB we'll also be picking up smbs and practicing dumping weights and manually inflating at the surface. Can't wait to start to actually acquire some skills instead of just reading about all of yours!

Good morning fellow Portlander!!! My wife has the Lotus and LOVES IT!!! She had a vest BC and likes the the Lotus much much better. Her buoyancy and trim improved immediately on her first dive. We both dive Whites, she has the Fit and I have the Bullet. After seeing mine in action she wishes she would have went with the Bullet as well. The Bullet is a little bit heavier than the Fit but nothing to be concerned about. The Whites is interesting to get into, it is not a jump in and go type suit but IMO still worth every penny spent. I have read many accounts here on SB and on NW Dive Club of people having to "re-learn" their buoyancy skills after switching to a BiLam or TriLam type bag suit. I am not knocking these suits in any way, we looked at many of them and opted for the Whites. Another thing we love about our White's gear is the Thermal Fusion undergarment. In the winter it can't be beat IMO which I will admit is limited to only the Thermal Fusion but I do stay plenty warm in it. In the summer we throw on Under Armour or equivalent and do just fine.

Enjoy Florida!!! Safe and happy diving to you!!!

Congratulations! The best part of having your own equipment is learning it so well you don't have to think consciously about using it.

In respect to Drysuits, take your time. It is not like going out and picking up a wetsuit. I have had three, currently using a White's Fusion and DUI FLX Extreme. They are very different suits, and many have strong opinions plus and minus about both. With the Fusion, I have the Bullet and Tech skins, and now only use the Tech skin, which is a little lighter, and dries much faster.

Since I have a very long torso, short arms, shorts legs and broad shoulders, fit is extremely difficult for me. The Whites is fine to dive in, but I end up with lots of extra material in the arms and legs. Can making getting in and out of it a little more challenging. Did end up getting a custom fit DUI, and for me it is fabulous. Very easy to get in and out of. Expensive, but worth it for me to have it fit well (plus I got a hefty discount through my shop).

There is some learning curve with a drysuit, typically less with the White's, because it dives more like a wetsuit. With those I have helped train, if a diver has very good buoyancy skills, it usually translates to fairly quick transition to successfully diving with a drysuit. But I would recommend learning through a class or with a competent drysuit diver who can show you the various technics unique to drysuits.

Terry

Congratulations Viola !! Having your own gear will go along way to keep you active, learning and enjoying diving for many many years to come.

I also have a Lotus and a Legend. Pull the trigger on that Essence and we can be twins :)

The excitement of owning your own gear is the best. I always take gear out of the box so tenderly, as if its a newborn baby. Months later it doesn't get quite the same gentleness :wink:

The excitement of owning your own gear is the best. I always take gear out of the box so tenderly, as if its a newborn baby. Months later it doesn't get quite the same gentleness :wink:

Ha! The BC is sitting next to me in the living room, tags still on, practically has a halo floating over it. In no time I'm sure it will be stuffed into luggage and then the top of the closet with hardly a thought... not to mention into the (sometimes) murky and cold NW waters and piles of gear on boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom