You will die! Kit of death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And do the dive at the Blue Hole in Belize.

Not dive equipment but, rent a scooter in Cozumel, hit a few of the bars downtown and travel back to the south end.

I agree with dmoore19 above, or maybe you could just forget buying all that dive equipment and buy a Chevy Cobalt with a big ring of keys.

DFB

A buddy. Those will kill you quick. When they malfunction they are nowhere to be found or they panic and take you with them. Better dive solo, oh wait, that'll kill you too.

---------- Post added April 7th, 2014 at 11:01 AM ----------

If I ever cave dive I want I buddy who is fatter than I that I can nickname restriction tester. Oh wait cave diving. That'll kill you.

If you surface, make sure that you put your mask on your forehead. Even if you survive the dive, that should do it.

Go shopping at any of marine flea markets for your gear. If your looking for the "kit of death" just use the crack test. Pinch the BC fabric, if it cracks, it's good to go. Bend the hoses, if you see little cracks when it's bent over, make an offer. Metal parts should have either rust or vertigris, that green patina on the brass parts. The best part is the price, everything should be in the $5-$10 range . Converted tanks are rare but available. There are lots of spearguns, trigger mechanisms and safety locks need work. You can fully outfit yourself in your "kit of death" for less than $50.

Carabiners !!!! They are a one way ticket to dead.
And of course any second hand discontinued reg set. A Dacor preferably.
Prior to all this, call your insurance agent and make happy your wife.

Attachments

• Carabiner.jpg
    Carabiner.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 513
Oh yeah, and save money for your spouse/children/next of kin to inherit. Use rental gear.

DFB

Back
Top Bottom