You will die! Kit of death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

image.jpg
Red fins - check!
mask with purple frame - check!
dangling reel & smb - check!
AL40 not trim - check!

I'm a dead man swimming!!

If you are going to go, go big...

Two Hose Tank.jpg

Inspired by your thread, I propose a competitive game.

Any certified diver can go out on any charter trip with strangers, using any of the suggestions in the thread. If a stranger, haven't not seen this thread, reacts to your get-up, you get points. I suggest scoring might look something like this -

1.) Someone politely asks about, or brings up the topic of, your gear choice, trying to gently sway you away from it, or at least to question it. 1 Point.

2.) Someone refused to buddy with you. 2 Points.

3.) Boat staff or any dive progressional customer on the trip uses your gear as an example of how not to dive.
Points.​

4.) Someone posts on ScubaBoard who witnessed your dive, griping about how this reflects on the awful state of modern dive training. 4 Points.

5.) Someone actually posts a video of you on ScubaBoard as a warning to others about how not to dive. 5 Points.

Ideally you should wear some distinctive item that people will refer to when referencing you. Perhaps a favorite team mascot on your dive gear, neon lime green fins, etc...

Richard.

P.S. - For 1 point extra credit, do your dives with a t-shirt that says 'I shark dive with Randy on the Emerald!' (See recent shark feeding debate thread if there's anyone on ScubaBoard who isn't already aware of the situation).

Any certified diver can go out on any charter trip with strangers, using any of the suggestions in the thread. If a stranger, haven't not seen this thread, reacts to your get-up, you get points. I suggest scoring might look something like this -

1.) Someone politely asks about, or brings up the topic of, your gear choice, trying to gently sway you away from it, or at least to question it. 1 Point.

3.) Boat staff or any dive progressional customer on the trip uses your gear as an example of how not to dive.
Points.​

4.) Someone posts on ScubaBoard who witnessed your dive, griping about how this reflects on the awful state of modern dive training. 4 Points.

5.) Someone actually posts a video of you on ScubaBoard as a warning to others about how not to dive. 5 Points.

Ideally you should wear some distinctive item that people will refer to when referencing you. Perhaps a favorite team mascot on your dive gear, neon lime green fins, etc...

Richard.

P.S. - For 1 point extra credit, do your dives with a t-shirt that says 'I shark dive with Randy on the Emerald!' (See recent shark feeding debate thread if there's anyone on ScubaBoard who isn't already aware of the situation).

I'm in, but the negative comments have to be a GEAR related issue not a DIVING SKILL related one. IOW you don't get points for being stupid/un-safe, just for having functional gear that raises eyebrows. Of course you can pull as many legs as you want with really stooopid stuff if you don't actually dive it.

That is the ultimate "you're gonna die" piece of gear.

Think of all the lives that would be saved it only people would use freediving fins.
What you really need is an Air II

Points.​

Richard.

pssh.. c-cards are for squares.

wow drrich2, you've taken this tread down an exciting new avenue. Everyone loves a game especially a Game of Death

how about double points if they post it in "accidents and incidents"?

Back
Top Bottom