New to Tampa, looking for dive buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm stationed at Macdill, been certified for about a year, done only a couple dives. Major dive I did was the USS Vandenburg down in Key West, I went down to about 85 feet and the visibility was absolutely perfect.

I am also born and raised in Tampa. I have been looking into diving more often locally but it seems everyone just wants to spearfish here more than sightsee, guessing because of the visibility. I would love to get some dives in and meet more people and get some more experience.

Just moved here from Arizona myself. Getting settled and then I want to get out there and dive some. Still a bit rusty, but I'll keep an eye on this thread in case I can make a future trip with you.

Alright gents, have NOT yet made it out. My second day out had a small craft advisory but we spent the day mapping the channels in and out to the dive spots, great data. Had a buddy out from Alaska with a fantastic fishing trip however blew up a lower unit. The lower unit is due back Tuesday, I should have the repairs finished Wed AM, 15 minutes to reinstall. Hoping to finally dive Thursday.

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello sir and welcome. I would be happy to join ya but I'am one of those mon thru fri ham and eggers. In the spring months my schedule clears up somewhat so maybe then would be a good time. In the meantime the wife and I do try to get in the water as much as possible on weekends

I am new to Tampa myself. I am a new Open Water Certified Diver as well and would be very interested in joining a group of experienced divers if they will have me. No hard feelings if you rather not have someone with less than 10 dives complete hanging out.

I don't care, glad to have you here and welcome. Good times ahead.

---------- Post added January 26th, 2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

Forecast Tuesday looks great. Calm seas, light wind, water 65

I just moved to Palm Harbor (from NYC), looking for like minded folks to dive and hang with. wife is also a diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom