Florida in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The high tide at BHB for Saturday May 17 is around 11:00 am which is just perfect. You want to be in the water around 9:30 and out around 11:30.

Sunday boat trip from Jupiter is good. Check around to see if any op is running a 3 tank trip, those are the best. If no one is doing 3 tanks, with Nitrox, you can do two boat trips in a day, because you get a long surface interval between the trips. Just use the right mixes and watch you computers.

I would consider staying in Palm Beach and Monday morning getting a dive out of Boynton Inlet to the Castor Wreck (great wreck, probably the best in the area) + a reef. Then, head directly down to Key Largo for Tues-Friday boat diving.

You should have a lot of great diving!

The high tide at BHB for Saturday May 17 is around 11:00 am which is just perfect. You want to be in the water around 9:30 and out around 11:30.

Sunday boat trip from Jupiter is good. Check around to see if any op is running a 3 tank trip, those are the best. If no one is doing 3 tanks, with Nitrox, you can do two boat trips in a day, because you get a long surface interval between the trips. Just use the right mixes and watch you computers.

I would consider staying in Palm Beach and Monday morning getting a dive out of Boynton Inlet to the Castor Wreck (great wreck, probably the best in the area) + a reef. Then, head directly down to Key Largo for Tues-Friday boat diving.

You should have a lot of great diving!

The tide is actually a bummer - need a reordering. My son doesn't arrive until 23:30 Friday, so it will likely be 3:30 - 4:00 before we rack out for the evening.

This suggests that I either skip BHB or dive it Sunday morning. I could do Jupiter Saturday afternoon.

The tide is actually a bummer - need a reordering. My son doesn't arrive until 23:30 Friday, so it will likely be 3:30 - 4:00 before we rack out for the evening.

This suggests that I either skip BHB or dive it Sunday morning. I could do Jupiter Saturday afternoon.

After much discussion and dithering, it is all booked. Charter with Jupiter Dive Center Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, drive to Key Largo Sunday afternoon, and 4 dives a day booked with Rainbow Reef M-F. We'll get to do the Duane and the Spiegel Grove a couple of times each.

We'll just have to catch BHB another time.

Stoked!

24 dives for the week. Not to shabby. You guys'll be sleeping pretty good on the plane home. I've never dived with Rainbow (usually dive OP, other peeps boats in the Keys), but you will not be disappointed with JDC. My LDS.

I look forward to your trip report! I've dove out of Key Largo with Rainbow Reef, and I'd like to dive Jupiter with JDC.

Richard.

You are in for quite a treat! Wishing you a week of PERFECT weather and calm seas :wink: You will be well taken care of by the gang at Rainbow Reef Dive Center. We love diving with them. Be sure to take advantage of the warm water showers on the dive boats...quite a treat :D

Of course...hoping you will give us a trip report so at least we can dream until we return in June!

OP, How was your trip?

I am planning my own FL dive/road trip in June and loved your itinerary so much I'm going to duplicate it. Any chance a dive report will be forth coming?

Thanks in advance

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom