Boot on top of a wetsuit or a wetsuit on top of the boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
When putting on a wetsuit and boots, what is the proper order of layers, would you put boots on top of the wetsuit or not?

reasons for each....

boots over suit can cause them to "balloon" - it isn't life threatening, but can be annoying...

suit over boots can cause a less than ideal seal, flushing water out - isn't life threatening, but can be annoying...

which is your preference?

I tuck my wetsuit over boots. Keeps the boots from ballooning with water.

Usually wear a drysuit, but when I do go with a wetsuit, wetsuit definitely over boots.

Suit over boot, otherwise boots get full of sand during beach dives.

It all depends on where you want the pee to go!

I prefer mine to flush out so my wet suit goes over my boots :wink:

All kidding aside, in warm water it does not matter as much as it does in colder water.
Ideally you want the water to stay trapped in the wetsuit to keep you warm and proper fit will take care of that.

suit over boots...otherwise that climb up the ladder or walk from the water to the parking lot involves an extra half gallon of water (and other stuff) sloshing around each ankle.

Back
Top Bottom