Article: Destination Spotlight: Scuba TANKS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having been a crew member, gunner, commander and section sergeant on the M60 tank, it's good to see these weapons of mass desctruction and death going to their graves in a way that promotes the growth and protection of life.

I dived on a tank in Aqaba, Jordan. It was in 4-5 meters of water, so it served as a excellent safety stop area. A single tank by itself, however, does not tend to hold one's attention for an entire dive unless it has attracted a wealth of marine life.

I was a 19E also. Spent many hours/days/weeks riding around in one of those M60s. I am now a certified diver and these dive sites are actually pretty close to me. I am taking this as a sign. I will be diving these tanks soon.

I was involved in Operation REEFEX back in the mid-90s, but I have not dived on any of the sites. I'm glad to see this article posted. Thanks for the update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom