Boot on top of a wetsuit or a wetsuit on top of the boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine has always been boot over suit the few times I was not diving with a shorty. I guess i just got use to the shorty environment and the water puffung the boots. Now thats neo boots. rock boots definately over the suit to relieve the chaffing of the boot tops. I dive a harveys with seals and boots or not I am a michelan man when i get out till i pull on the ankle and i drop it seams like 50 lbs. Good thing harveys has good stiching. Dry suit it is a moot point for me.

I always find that boots over a wetsuit looks funny. Although last winter i saw something funnier. Saw a pictures of my friends skiing in Tahoe with their ski pants tucked inside their ski boots. :)

A couple of small, well-placed holes in your booties made with a hot paper clip take care of the balloons. They don't affect the insulation value at all.

Suit over the boots.

Explanation? If the suit is tucked into the boots when you get out of the water

Cankles

I keep trying to tuck my shorty into my boots, but they just won't stretch that far! :D

Seal of wetsuit in boot, wetsuit over boot....

AS an aside... Has anyone not paid attention when donning their suit and put their leg into the arm? I did on my 7mm - funny how easily it went on an how hard it was to come out - However I think that the effort correct any mistake is inversely proportional to the amount of people witnessing it! :facepalm:

I havnt done that but once when i was usint the FJ I tried putting it on but side front. That happened long after i gave up trying to get the shorty to fit over the boots.

Seal of wetsuit in boot, wetsuit over boot....

AS an aside... Has anyone not paid attention when donning their suit and put their leg into the arm? I did on my 7mm - funny how easily it went on an how hard it was to come out - However I think that the effort correct any mistake is inversely proportional to the amount of people witnessing it! :facepalm:

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I prefer boots over suit. I've tried both and my ankles tend to chafe in the zipper area when I tuck 'em in. I've never had them come unzipped and I don't mind the balloon boots (I actually sort of like that for some weird reason).

I just put my full suit on and my neo boots are on the outside of the suit. rock boots are always on the out side. Perhaps that is where i got it from.

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I prefer boots over suit. I've tried both and my ankles tend to chafe in the zipper area when I tuck 'em in. I've never had them come unzipped and I don't mind the balloon boots (I actually sort of like that for some weird reason).

Back
Top Bottom