Diving the Mediterranean at Tel Aviv, Israel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perry Dives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The GF and I will be in Israel this summer during the first week of June. We're doing 4 nights in Tel Aviv and 4 nights in Jerusalem. She was just PADI certified last month on our trip to Cayman and I've been for a while now.

Does anyone have suggestions for a dive company that operates out of Tel Aviv? We would need to rent absolutely everything as we don't have extra space in our luggage and we'd only be diving one day because we have a pretty heavily booked up trip. Any suggestions are welcome.

I personally like reef diving group, they have three dive centers, one of them in Tel Aviv. Check them out at http://www.reefdivinggroup.co.il/eng/ and look for their Tel Aviv Dive Center. The nice thing is that they have boat dives on weekends but also shore diving which is decent. Keep in mind that spots on dive boat can fill up quickly so it is best to reserve ahead.

They have rentals, though last time I used them, the fins were just foot pocket which were not my favorite. I would recommend if possible to bring at least your own mask, shouldn't take much space in your luggage.

There are few other dive centers in Tel Aviv but I never used them. Do read carefully the info on their web site as all dive centers in Israel require dive insurance (you can purchase one there as well), DAN was accepted. Also logged and signed dive in last six months prior to your dive is required, otherwise you have to take a checkout dive - time and cost

Med is not like Red Sea, it is sandy bottom and summer is usually not the best time of the year but you might get lucky and I really enjoyed some of the dives there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom