Finding instructor for Adv Nitrox/Deco Procedures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikki0

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am ready to take the Tec plunge. I will have 2 weeks in June to travel, and I want to take Adv Nitrox/Deco Procedures during this time. I know that the instructor is the most important element of the training, so how do I go about finding that instructor? What do I look for?

Some additional details: I like wreck diving, so I am interested in tech training to widen my wreck options. I want to do it in warm waters, because this winter sucked (North East US), and I am sick of freezing my fingers and toes. I am willing to travel far and wide to places I haven’t been to before, but I don’t want to take 5 additional local flights to get there. There’s also the appeal of just hopping down to the Caribbean – quick, easy and significantly cheaper, flight-wise. I will have to rent all of the gear locally – yes, I know how people feel about this, but frankly, I weigh just over 110lbs, and I don’t want to carry another 100lbs on my back; even when I travel for months at a time, I always pack super-light.

Not knowing how to narrow down instructor choices, I thought about it geographically, and given the limitations above, I’ve loosely come up with Gili/Lombok, Palau, Granada or Mexico (safety option). I am not married to any of these, and could go elsewhere if it makes sense.

So, please help me find an instructor, either with personal recommendations or methodology or some hints and clues!

TIA!

Come to Orlando, FL, and train with Dayo Scuba. Ask anyone in the area what the best technical instructors are and most will point to Dayo. Google them for phone and address.

Come to Orlando, FL, and train with Dayo Scuba. Ask anyone in the area what the best technical instructors are and most will point to Dayo. Google them for phone and address.

Seems insufficiently warm for my purposes. Will someone who gets cold easily be toasty in a 5mm?

Train with a 'name', not some anonymous instructor at a dive center. You should be able to Google search your instructor and see what they're all about with their diving, knowledge and contribution to the tech community.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom