Neutrally fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried UTD fins? I've not heard anything about those fins. Are powerful?

I love mine. Very powerful for frog kick. Not so much for flutter, they're short and wide. I have heavy legs, and they really helped my trim a lot.

Another for the UTD neutral fins. Liked them the first time I dove them.

Last edited:
Aqualung Rocket II fins.. using most of our teams for more than 6 years and great.. Not heavy and flex rubber.

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

If you're having trouble with your feet being heavy, then in addition to getting a set like the OMS (that's what I'm using), DRs, etc., order them without the steel heel straps. I finally ditched the SS springs & went back to the standard rubber straps, and it makes a difference. Also, if you're using something negative like rock boots, etc., you can go to neoprene zippered boots. You would be surprised at the difference any or all of these changes will make.

Guys,
I have a question related to this. I currently have scubapro Nova Wings. They are brilliant fins, but have one drawback: They make my feet float, which makes it damn hard to manoeuvre (especially reversing). I'm using neoprene zip boots. I'm looking for a solution to bring buoyancy to neutral or negative. Can anyone give me a suggestion that will help keep my feet from floating up without the use of ankle weights? Are there solutions that allow me to continue to use the nova wings and my booties, or should I be looking into new fins?
I looked at the above and from further research i did online, the scubapro jet max fins, and equivalents are fairly heavy to use. The diverite EXPs seem to be quite stiff, but I have no idea if that's good or bad to be honest. Note that so far I've not been able to locate them where I am (I'm in Shanghai).
I heard the scubapro twin jets are slightly negatively buoyant (but haven't found those locally either). I can get the twin jet max, but I don't know if those are negatively buoyant or not.
Are there any other, more traditional fins, that are neutral or negatively buoyant?

Thanks!

Guys,
I have a question related to this. I currently have scubapro Nova Wings. They are brilliant fins, but have one drawback: They make my feet float, which makes it damn hard to manoeuvre (especially reversing). I'm using neoprene zip boots. I'm looking for a solution to bring buoyancy to neutral or negative. Can anyone give me a suggestion that will help keep my feet from floating up without the use of ankle weights? Are there solutions that allow me to continue to use the nova wings and my booties, or should I be looking into new fins?
I looked at the above and from further research i did online, the scubapro jet max fins, and equivalents are fairly heavy to use. The diverite EXPs seem to be quite stiff, but I have no idea if that's good or bad to be honest. Note that so far I've not been able to locate them where I am (I'm in Shanghai).
I heard the scubapro twin jets are slightly negatively buoyant (but haven't found those locally either). I can get the twin jet max, but I don't know if those are negatively buoyant or not.
Are there any other, more traditional fins, that are neutral or negatively buoyant?

Thanks!

I get floaty feet in my dry suit and hollis F-1s help. If you want heavy fins the most cost-effective option is probably oldschool scubapro jets.

Novas don't give much feedback to your muscles (ie are easy to kick with), so if you want to switch to stiff, heavy paddles I would put in some pool time swimming laps with snorkel fins to develop ankle strength. That's what I did when I switched from atomic splits and I didn't have any cramping problems that some who have made that transition report.

In 6,5 mm zippered neoprene boots or dry suit boots I am using Aqualung Rocket II.

Last edited:
Hey I agree. i dove mine for years untill i went to a full wet suit and dry suit and dry suit and needed the extra weight. with teh shorty the quattros are perfecet for me. I did put on springs however.

Haters are gonna hate, but Mares Avanti Quattros fit the bill for me.

So quatros and rocket 2. I'll check that out.
@licus, Thanks for the info but I think maybe u want cheat because I was asking for not heavy/stiff fins. Just fiks that are negatively buoyant. :)

Back
Top Bottom