Destin Jetties Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theawesomefish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A group of people are planning on diving Destin Jetties this Saturday, May 3. How are the conditions? Has the rain affected the visibility? Are the jellyfish bad? Is the death walk still gruesome?

Even with a favorable high tide at 12:50 PM, we have had so much rain, and we have so much run off exiting Choctawhatchee Bay through the Destin East Pass, I think conditions will be very poor. The gulf has been brown like the bay lately. I think you will be lucky if you have a couple of feet visibility. Also, we have had numerous water quality warnings the last couple of days in and around Destin. Just a few thoughts.

Thanks for the update! I think we'll try to find a spring that isn't flooded.

I realize the rains and floodings have been extreme (having been flooded out of my home, I can empathise) but does anyone have an idea how long the runoff will have the jetties mucked up? Are we talking days, weeks, or months?

Back
Top Bottom