Lake Rawlings Parking Fee??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rand

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've heard Lake Rawlings is now charging $7 to park. If it is true, I'm curious why they didn't just raise the quarry entry fee.

Has anyone been down there yet this year?

Ok, I'm now being told that the $7 fee is for visitors/non-divers to park.

Randy, what temps were you experiencing last weekend?

Any where from very cold to where did my nutz go . Highs from upper 50s on the surface and lower depending on depth. Once we get some consistent sunshine it will warm up quickly.

As I watch the downpour outside I think "consistent sunshine" is not happening before I get there this weekend. It is some sort of sick torture that we put students in wetsuits in these conditions as their first open water experience. Oh well...

As I watch the downpour outside I think "consistent sunshine" is not happening before I get there this weekend. It is some sort of sick torture that we put students in wetsuits in these conditions as their first open water experience. Oh well...

Fine line between torture and greed isn't it?

I always thought it was the hazing portion of the OW Cert test! So, you really want to be a SCUBA diver??? We'll see about that! :D

Crazy what some of these folks wear. One guy was in a 3 mil and nothing else. No hood or gloves. I can not imagine what that was like.

Anything under 70 and I am in a semi dry or dry suit.

We were off the coast this weekend & it was 48 degrees, 3 divers in wet suits, BRRRR. I was in my CF-200 and quite toasty. Didn't even put dry gloves on. 3mm wet gloves were just fine and a few fingers had holes in them, which I will remedy before next trip.LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom