underwater navigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a guess but in the 8 years since the OP posted, she may've gotten navigation down by now.

Since she last posted May 2007, we'll likely never know..

Gotta say that I am glad this was resurrected. I have not had to deal with navigation at all on my dives (all in Cozumel), but it is good to have some of these ideas swimming around my head.

It's a great and reliable system that hasn't failed me, and a nice little dive tool to have. Give it a glance: Divetracker Scout. Happy and safe diving, all!

It may be great but at $450-$800 way, way, way too pricy.

And also sounds remarkably like spam the way it is pitched and the fact that it's thrown out at an 7+ year old thread.

I'm just trying to offer my fellow divers a useful tool that may help them, is all. As a new diver I find it a useful system, and in my responses I am getting valuable feedback for being in the ocean. I have seen others with navigation problems and offered something that may help.

Happy and safe diving everybody.

Gotta say that I am glad this was resurrected. I have not had to deal with navigation at all on my dives (all in Cozumel), but it is good to have some of these ideas swimming around my head.
Yeah for the most part on the boat dives never used my compass, but on night shore dives from blue angel to villablanca it does come in handy.

Interesting, commercially oriented resurrection (like Easter). Most of my diving is drift also, Boynton Beach and Jupiter, FL. The advice regarding depth of the mooring is perfect, I use that all the time and it serves me well when I'm not drift diving. I also use my compass all the time in navigating between the east and west sides of the BB reef, invaluable practice.

I'm just trying to offer my fellow divers a useful tool that may help them, is all. As a new diver I find it a useful system, and in my responses I am getting valuable feedback for being in the ocean. I have seen others with navigation problems and offered something that may help.

Happy and safe diving everybody.

Sure, and your username just happens to be the name of the product you're promoting.

That's just coincidence... I believe that.

Back
Top Bottom