Sharky's Big Cozumel Adventure 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hola gringos!

I going to try something new this year for a trip report.

I'm going to use my blog and try to make daily or semi-daily posts on it, so I don't have to try and write the novel when I get home, and y'all won't have to wait a month to get it.

I'll try and add photos when I can, but the underwater stuff will have to wait until we get back, as all those files go through Photoshop before public viewing :D

anywho, here's the link to the blog...

Sharky's Big Cozumel Adventure 2014

Bring it on! 90 days and counting for me.

Ive been keeping up pretty good with the blog. Great dive on end of Yucab into Santa Rosa wall this morning...all the gory details coming soon..

This is just what I need to read as my countdown timer hits 52 days. More about Andele Bar, please? Where is it in relation to Coconuts?

Marc - I'm back on the isla and can't wait to see you and Lore!

---------- Post added May 7th, 2014 at 03:03 PM ----------

This is just what I need to read as my countdown timer hits 52 days. More about Andele Bar, please? Where is it in relation to Coconuts?

Carole - it's almost exactly halfway around on the other side. If taking the transversal road, it's about 1.5 miles past Coconuts. GREAT food and prices and one of the best beaches on the other side is across the street! Super great people own it as well! It's my new favorite East side spot!

Keep up the great reports. Love hearing about the different restaurants.
We must give Andele a try and I had given up on Casa Denis, but sounds like it was pretty good for you guys.
You must have a rental car if you are moving about so much.

Hey all, Christi saw you are back, I'll pm you on Facebook.

Carole, the Andale Bar...I keep mis-spelling it, but it's between Playa Bonita and Chen Rio. Across the street from the beach. The bar sits up high above the road so the ocean breeze is always blowing thru it, it's like being in air conditioning...a great break on a hot day. VERY good food, Lore had Crispy Shrimp yesterday and was just in heaven and I had fish n chips, the fish was cooked perfectly and the fries were as well, crispy on the outside and nice and meaty on the inside.

Chris is originally from South Africa and Sharon is from England...so the British accents are fun too! Great people, we just love them and I'm trying to let everyone know about their place. I love Coconuts, but since the new highway has gone in, it's gotten very crowded and doesn't have the same feel it used to. Andale is my new 'Margaritaville'.

PD...Just keep using the same link that is on the fist post. I'm just updating the original blog post, rather than making separate daily posts...off to the wonderful 'Ohana Bar tonight for dinner...

...keep checking in with the link in the first entry in this post, I'll try and keep it updated as we go.

I'll most likely be adding photos to that same link once I start editing my underwater work, but I'll probably make a new post here on SB when I start doing that.

Hey Sharky...would love to meet you. Do you see the bunch of ladies swimming every morning at BA? We're called The Mermais and I am there and would love to say hello. We are in the water at 7:30am sharp and swim south to Villablanca pier and back to BA around 8:10am. I have a blue bathing suit and grey hair. Yell hello if you see me tomorrow.

Gordon: Are you still at BA? The above goes for you too.

Betty

---------- Post added May 8th, 2014 at 09:40 AM ----------

Finally got to meet Sharky & Sideways this morning at BA. The Mermaids said someone was asking around on Monday (?) but they don't know who. Sorry I missed them.

If anyone is staying at Blue Angel...look for me most mornings at 7:30am when we swim over to Villa Blanca and back about 8:10 just as the boats are leaving.

Betty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom