Beaver Lake Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveBF

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dove the ledges on Saturday. It's a bit cold... 61 degree on the surface and 55 degrees at 70' I was fine in a 7/5mm wetsuit with a 7mm hooded vest... feet got a little cold. Viz was spectacular at maybe 30'. I got video with my new GoPro... check it out here- 4 26 2014 Beaver Lake Ledges - YouTube

Let me know when maybe we can get one in together!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saturday was nice. Air temp in the mid 80's. Surface temp was about 63 and temp at 50' was about 58.

Viz was crap, 8' to 10' above 25'. 30' to 60 it opened up to about 25' t 30'

Headed back up at the end of the month

Sat May 31st and Sun Jun 1st. Again air temps in the mid 80's both days with scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon but really not bad.

Viz in the mornings was approx. 20' to 30' with a 73 degree surface temp, and a 51 degree water temp at 63 feet.

Thermocline varied between 10' and 18'.

Overall a great weekend

Saw several stripers and large mouth as well.

My wife got me a nice used boat for Fathersday, perfect excuse to head down and dive Beaver for the 1st time. New to diving also (ow cert last summer) with only 10 open water dives under my belt, is there a good place for a beginner to go?

Were to start.. Below C&J sports is the school bus cove, over at indian point the are a few small wrecks and a home site. and you dont need a boat but the Dam site is always good. But if you just travel around the lake and just hit spots thats what I like to do. Good Luck!

Dam Site North Day use area has a "dive park" $4.00 per day COE parking fee. A few cars, boats and plane sunk in the area and plenty to see. Depth is about 18' to 40'. Viz is dependent on how may student divers and classes are in the area and stirring up the bottom.

There are bluffs at the end which can reach well beyond recreational limits.

Early mornings are best viz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom