xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike and Sebastian, is it the end of this week yet??

Mike and Sebastian, is it the end of this week yet??

There are some computers just waiting to clear customs. I don't know how many though.....

Took my new BT on some tec dives and the display is great, even at depth. I don't even look at my old Suunto anymore and use it as just a backup.

But on one of my dives to 60m, the dive timer didn't stop when I surfaced and kept on counting! It stayed in dive mode even though the depth read 0 m. And since it was in dive mode, I couldn't access the system settings to reboot the computer. I was essentially locked out!

After a few hours, it freed up for no reason. I should've taken a video of this, but I can show at least show you the log page which shows a massive dive time of 291 min. My SAC isn't that great!

Note that for Nitrox or TMX computers, this would totally skew your future dive plans.

photo.jpg

Took my new BT on some tec dives and the display is great, even at depth. I don't even look at my old Suunto anymore and use it as just a backup.

But on one of my dives to 60m, the dive timer didn't stop when I surfaced and kept on counting! It stayed in dive mode even though the depth read 0 m. And since it was in dive mode, I couldn't access the system settings to reboot the computer. I was essentially locked out!

After a few hours, it freed up for no reason. I should've taken a video of this, but I can show at least show you the log page which shows a massive dive time of 291 min. My SAC isn't that great!

Note that for Nitrox or TMX computers, this would totally skew your future dive plans.

View attachment 183715

Looks like the long wait was worth it...for a PETREL!

After all the lies and the bs, looks like we've been waiting for a lemon all along.

Newman !! I also heard from some other divers using Nitrox or TMX that it locks up occasionally, so they are using the computer strictly as a backup.

Newman !! I also heard from some other divers using Nitrox or TMX that it locks up occasionally, so they are using the computer strictly as a backup.

Hey Jerry...as a backup what? Not sure I'd feel good with a backup that fails on an "occasional" basis. This is not a comforting thought. I'd prefer "reliable". It seems that the more people use this, the less reliable it sounds.

It'd be great to depend on a backup that has locked up and broken down, and is known to do so with frequency. Clearly that makes sense. I want my backup to be THE MOST RELIABLE piece of kit on me, even if not the nicest/prettiest/most fully featured.

Figures.

LOL>...come on guys...Really? Pitchforks again?

EVERY single computer that has come out has undergone some firmware updates along the way....and continue to do so! Even the Petrel, Predator, Cobalt, Liquivisions, Oceanics, Mares, Suuntos, Hollis, Aeris, etc. Give them a break...I'm sure it's a small bug that is already in the works for an update.

Lefrogster, did you contact Xdeep or the retailer you bought it from? What did they say?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom