xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Careful. If you're aware that there is a required known update - you are obliged to remediate before sale. Negligence laws and all that silly stuff.

Good lord...I never said that tridacna! I am just trying to give you some possibilities. I, unlike you, give people the benefit of the doubt and have seen this type of thing from MANY manufacturers. Do you know alot of inventory issues that us and other retailers have is because manufacturers don't have product for us to sell? This is nothing new, you just don't hear about it everyday and we take the blame as not having product to sell.

Computers can have issues - Any and all of them from when they are released, to years later after it is proven computer.
Manufacturers in this industry are known to be premature on release dates. It's not cool, but it happens. Who knows what the real delay is...the fact remains, we don't have them yet.
I'm not covering for xdeep, making claims on their behalf, giving you false hope, or trying to keep this pow wow going.

Circle the wagons, bang on the drums...I'm out. I will be back when we have some computers to sell. Just an FYI, it's this kind of stuff that causes most manufacturers and dive shops to shy away from the forums. I came here to give you guys what ever type of insight I could from my talks with Xdeep and experiences in this Industry. The majority of people here respect that and appreciate it.....at this point, I'm out of this thread until we have some computers as I am not going to be thrown into this mess by people with an odd agenda or that try imply ANYTHING remotely about Negligence on my behalf!

It seems to me that NOT providing accurate by Seb is the root cause of this issue. He could have defused this from the outset. Instead he chose to BS us (and you) about fictional delivery dates and accusatory comments. I don't see other manufacturers ignoring their potential clients on SB-he just got frustrated by our ministrations. Not sure if that was the best way to handle a new product rollout. It seems that more than a few have bought competing products already.

My view is that the US customers and shops like DRIS are being screwed by TDG.

I gave a big order of $1200 to TDG last Sept, incl. the Black which was not advertised as out of stock on the website at that time. I got a partial shipment, and then the 2-week availability and customs excuses for the next 3 months about the Black. Then I wanted to cancel my order but my e mails went unanswered. I had to call a few times to actually work out a refund which I finally got end of Jan after a lot of foot dragging.

Then I saw this forum and saw my experience was far from unique. I now realise that TDG probably wants to collect as much pre paid orders as possible and hold out on refunds by stringing along customers with these excuses. This is very bad customer service and I do not want to do business with this guy.

So I turned to my HK shop and they warned me immediately about availability and a long wait list, and you know what? I pre ordered and pre paid it anyway, like a lot of local customers. I trusted my local shop because they were upfront with me about the risk and that's who I want to do business with.

In an earlier thread, I saw the german distributor pretty much said upfront that the don't have any computers and are even taking it our of their product catalogue -- I think that's fine too. Be upfront with your customers instead of trying to deceive them to make a quick buck.

On TDG's site, I see only the note: "Availability - Pre order". That's not an accurate description of the real situation that's been going on for almost a year.

DRIS, I see that you are trying to cater to your customers (much more so than TDG) and you are caught between a rock and a hard place. You are trying to run an honest, customer-focused business (which is why you show up on this forum) but you are dependent on a distributor who doesn't share those values.

I have read this thread with interest. Not because I am in the market for a dive computer or indeed a backup dive computer, but because I was interested in the product. I am a novice diver with zero experience compared to some of the people on this board.

All I would like to say is some of you guys/girls need to pull your head in. I am a member of multiple forums and this is by far the most aggressive and ill mannered board I have ever had the pleasure of being part of. I understand the frustration of members that have "lusted" after a product and been on the waiting list for over a year, with deposits paid. I also understand a dog with a bone!
I do not believe that "Dive right in Scuba" has deserved some of the flack that some members seem to gleefully exchange with him.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Flame away :wink:

I don't think Dive Right In Scuba has taken much, if any, flack. If you consider what was posted on Pg51 "flack" then maybe a tiny bit, but Mike (Dive Right in Scuba) has been very helpful and much more forthcoming and honest than TDG. TDG deserves flack. If you tell customers that good product is literally on the boat, on its way, and will be here in a week......and it remains undelivered a year later, that's lying. It's the kind of thing that shows SUCH a lack of professionalism that it concerns me about their products and their support for said products.

I don't think Dive Right In Scuba has taken much, if any, flack. If you consider what was posted on Pg51 "flack" then maybe a tiny bit, but Mike (Dive Right in Scuba) has been very helpful and much more forthcoming and honest than TDG. TDG deserves flack. If you tell customers that good product is literally on the boat, on its way, and will be here in a week......and it remains undelivered a year later, that's lying. It's the kind of thing that shows SUCH a lack of professionalism that it concerns me about their products and their support for said products.

I agree. Well said!

Unfortunately some members of the board can not differentiate Mike from TDG. As I said don't shoot the messenger! It appears that some members have alienated the only member that was providing somewhat "credible" information to the thread, by their belligerent and condescending attitude. Well done!

The ONLY reason that I would even consider buying this computer is because of Mike at DRIS. He stands behind what he sells.

I agree. Well said!

Unfortunately some members of the board can not differentiate Mike from TDG. As I said don't shoot the messenger! It appears that some members have alienated the only member that was providing somewhat "credible" information to the thread, by their belligerent and condescending attitude. Well done!

I've had nothing but good experiences with buying from DRIS, and if I had any interest whatsoever in this piece of kit after everything I've seen about it and xDeep, I'd buy it from DRIS. But anyone who tries to claim that bugs affecting the computer when it's in dive mode, or that whether it cuts out during a dive is NBD because it's just a BT, deserves and shall receive an ass-chewing.

On the one hand, you should always be prepared for something to fail; on the other hand, the people that make/sell it need to be religious about making sure it doesn't fail. I find DRIS's lack of religion re: bugs…disturbing.

...So I turned to my HK shop and they warned me immediately about availability and a long wait list, and you know what? I pre ordered and pre paid it anyway, like a lot of local customers. I trusted my local shop because they were upfront with me about the risk and that's who I want to do business with.

Dive Right In Scuba is exactly the same way. After I read this long thread in January, I looked at both TDG and DRIS websites and their interactions on this board, and chose DRIS to deal with. I phoned and spoke to Mike to place the order and he told me about where I would be at that moment on his waiting list. I needed the computer by June for a course, but preferably by March, and he told me he sure hoped they would be in by then, but he really didn't know. He told me to do the order by credit card so that it would not be charged until it ships. He was very honest and helpful, answered my product questions, and I immediately started ordering other stuff from him. He answered my emails promptly, no matter how late I emailed. I also get an email every week or two letting me know the status of the order. So DRIS was certainly upfront and honest. I also appreciate him coming on here to answer questions and let us know about his communications with Sebastian and xDeep. Most shops don't do that, and when the going gets rough, they especially don't do that. DRIS is nowhere near local to me, but I do like doing business with them.

Back
Top Bottom