Ultralight Long Clamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alta5

Registered
Reaction score
Looking to mount a video light on the m10 of my Nauticam Rx100 housing. I currently have a single arm with a strobe.

Has anyone used the Ultralight Long Clamp?
Ultralight AC-CSL Long Clamp for Focus Light | Bluewater Photo & Video

Wondering if these work just as well as the original clamps and are as durable. It says that this clamp is not for heavy loads. Not sure if I can also use this on the arm with a strobe.

Would I get more range from the m10 thread on a Nauticam RX100 housing using the long clamp or a long ys adapter like below?

Ultralight LONG Sea & Sea Adaptor

I have that clamp. I use it with a DSLR and 105mm lens & a wet diopter. This is much longer than your setup. I use it with a Sola Photo 800 focus light. I have not used it with my arms for a strobe, and never really thought about doing so.

When I was shooting an RX100 underwater, a standard clamp was plenty long enough.

Do you get backscatter in video with the sola on the top of your rig? Does the sola's cone of light clear the lenses?

I guess my thought process is that I wanted to stick with one arm (with strobe), and use the m10 w(with video light) almost like a small 2nd arm. Was thinking it might be useful to have the video light be able to reach the right side of my case for more lighting options. However, I'm not sure that extra reach is really going to make a difference for lighting.

Does the long clamp hold up like the original clamp? It seems like it's for smaller, lighter objects.

Last edited:
Thanks. I guess the 1 inch won't really make a difference unless I need to clear a specific port. I'm thinking of using the 2400 led light to add a tint of color for things like video or coral or fish at about 1-3 ft.

I only use the Sola for photos, not video. The long clamp has only been on 30 dives or so, but it is fine up to now.

I'm using long clamp for Sola 1200 and I din't have any problems with stability. The clamp is used between cold shoe ball adapter installed on the 87mm macro port and light itself. So far so good :wink:

I'm using the long one on my Aquatica rig with a i-Torch 2400 lumens as a focus light. No problem with it.

Envoyé de mon SM-T310 en utilisant Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom