Hollis DG03 Firmware 1B Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mscott556

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got the DG03 w/wireless transmitter and never had a problem w/firmware 1A. However, my computer's SN was in the recall range so I figured that I should update it to be safe.

Issues I've had since the update:
  • Air supply reading on the computer is always ~300psi less than what my SPG reads.
  • Temperature reading is high by 5-7 degrees.
  • I suspect the no-deco time limit is also shortened but this hasn't been verified yet.

Hollis hasn't responded to my inquiries and Dive Gear Express, the store I bought it from, hasn't heard anything about this before. Has anyone else had issues w/firmware rev. 1B?

I have two new computers with the new firmware in them. I noticed the PSI to read ~300 psi low when first connected, before the lines are all tested, breathed, and in the water. But then, they both immediately jump up to normal. I guess I would rather it error on the low side. I also know that the manual talks about dive time ending because of low air, with enough time to surface at the desired end PSI. Maybe this plays into it?
As far as temperature, both of mine read the exact same and are were reading about 3 deg lower than our friends SUNNTO at 93 F vs his 95 F. Not sure which one was right. We were diving in the Midway Crater in Utah.

I've got the DG03 w/wireless transmitter and never had a problem w/firmware 1A. However, my computer's SN was in the recall range so I figured that I should update it to be safe.

Issues I've had since the update:
  • Air supply reading on the computer is always ~300psi less than what my SPG reads.
  • Temperature reading is high by 5-7 degrees.
  • I suspect the no-deco time limit is also shortened but this hasn't been verified yet.

Hollis hasn't responded to my inquiries and Dive Gear Express, the store I bought it from, hasn't heard anything about this before. Has anyone else had issues w/firmware rev. 1B?

I have also experienced these same issues. In addition, I cannot seem to update the computer to the most recent version of the firmware (I keep getting a message about an illegal command).

A little clarification on the issue about not being able to update:

When I start the software (Hollis Computer Interface 2.x), the following will occasionally appear automatically (if not, I can always go the help menu and select auto update):

DG03_Update.jpg

I highlight the one and only item (product) on the menu, and then click the download button.

I then receive the following:
DG03_Update_Error.jpg

This happens every time I attempt to update, and if I hit the ignore button the message just reappears.

I took a look at my friend's computer and found that she did not have the same program.
She is, however, using Windows 8 whereas I'm using Windows 7.

I'm going to bring my Veo 3.0 next time I dive and do a side-by-side comparison. This is just aggravating because all the numbers were spot on before the update.

Please keep us in the loop regarding your comparisons.

I posted to the Hollis forum in addition to this one, so hopefully we'll get a response from them fairly soon.

I have the 1B firmware on my DG03. I don't have a transmitter so I cannot speak to any issues there, but my temperature gauge has tracked with other computers that my buddies use, and I have not noticed a decrease in no-deco time. I dive certain spots pretty regularly and never noticed a change in temps or no-deco time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom